Dumaguete Info Search

Introduction

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ozideas, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozideas

ozideas DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am Dr Jeremy Hill.
    I have lived permanently in Dumaguete now for 1 year, following the completion of my house in Casa Alicia, Candau-ay.
    I am a member of Rotary and Lions.
    Right now I am building a 28 foot speedboat which will take tourists island hopping, fishing, beach fun etc. This will be ready by Xmas. It will be moored at Dauin (Pura Vida Resort), and occasionally on a mooring off the Boulevarde.
    Most expats here know who I am.
    I can provide (privately) most of the real information needed by those planning seriously to live here.

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Nice one Dr Hill!! Welcome to this awesome forum. I might just take you up on that offer. Will drop you a line when it's all go. Have a great weekend.

3. kristine1901

kristine1901 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello there, welcome to the forum, i was once a member of lions club but that was not for long because i was leaving the county that time..
    anyway i just want to ask about someone or office who deals house and lot, not really expensive ones but nice and comfortable to live with. we are planning to transfer my parents in dgte...its always a part of our life since five of us sibling went studied in SU and so with my father..
    thanks and god Bless

kristine1901

4. legal eagle

legal eagle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice to hear that an expat is happily living in our island (negros).

are you from australia? although my husband is english, he has lived in australia for nearly 20 years and still has children living over there. in fact sometimes he is mistaken as 'australian' by the way he speaks.

do you feel safe living in dumaguete? i don't actually come from dumaguete but i know dumaguete because when i was still in the philippines, i often go to dumaguete because i have friends and relatives living there.

the last time i was in dumaguete was two years ago and because i've heard of stories of people being robbed, i was worried everytime i go shopping there. i really did not feel comfortable going around. not feeling safe was not because of the people from dumaguete (far from it) but of the criminals who come to dumaguete from other places (i've heard some come from cebu..i don't know how true the stories i've heard were, it certainly did not help).

anyway, nice meeting you and take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.