Dumaguete Info Search

Introdusing myself.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by blackline, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello folks.
    This is my first posting in this forum.
    I am a guy/man from Norway. I'm visiting DGTE on regularly bases cause I have the most part of my family there(my wifes family,but now it is mine too). I marry a DGTE girl in 1992, and today we have 2 nice children. A girl and a boy. As you pinoy knows children is the best in our life and truly is our one and only future.

I love visiting DGTE and Bacong where I live during my stays in the region.
    My hobbies is diving and spearfishing. I have doing this allready for 30 years now.And as of this date I keep at least one of the record catch spearfihing of a specie fish in Norway.
    Politically I am something in between red and blue. I consider myself to be a honest guy. I like to have friends which I can respect out of their actions.Of course compare to the average philippino I am a rich man.But to be honest I am a working class man in Norway.So the difference in finance between us is caused Phillipine politics wich I cannot do anything about.

So i dont like people that cheat in any way.

Let me give some example how this is functioning.
    Some years ago I took a pedicab ride from DGTE to BACONG. I dont ask the price before we go. When we was there I ask the price. The driver told me 100 piso(white price?). Well I didn't bargain the price, cause 100 piso to me is very small money.But that told me one thing. This guy is a cheater. Everytime
    I'm in DGTE the guy try to make friend with me, but no way.He have lost me as customer for the rest of his life. If he is the last driver I'd rather go.

What if he at that time have charged me 20 or 25 piso as normal price were at present time. Well, I have been giving him a hundred piso bill and thank him for the trip for good service and honest behaviour.

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Welcome to the world of tricycle and pedi ( handicap.. drivers..
    I have the same experience and I am not a visitor but live here.
    Altghough I have a car sometimes I just leave it and move thorughout the city by tricycle ( yes you can call me lasy).
    One guy had no change for a 100 peso but the fare was 6.5 lang.. He first claimed it should be 20 peso but that was not including the USUALL BIG TIP...
    Anyway IO did not pay him ONE PISO at all . and told him to make a complain with a police man....
    THis helps al the timew , atleast it helps were I show my face. Anyway look at my picture perhaps you will understand why....
    And yes before I forget. I am NOT a RACIST and and happy married with my Fillipina wife and have to very cute @#$%^kids. aswell...:D

3. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Earl.Nice to hear from you. I would like to meet you in real life. i see you are a Marin-biologist, so i would be rather interesting to meet you when I'll come to DGTE next year. I have a house in Bacong. As of now I have to learn to post pictures here. It is not like the forums that I am used to.

4. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Hi there blackline, a warm welcome to the forum of the Gentle People.

5. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks!!!

Thank you for that. Nice to find this place.Like to have some News from my second home. Hope you're all be over with me with my probably wrong spelling sometimes.
    I am from Ytre Arna, a place just outside Bergen in Norway.I am 46 Y'old and working as a System Operator i a factory produsing Foods. A factory wich also is exporting products to food factorys in the Philippines.I am a frequent visitor of DGTE. and in 2006 my house there basically was finished. Well, all that have a house knows that it will never ll'be finished. New projects allways.
    This first day on this forum I'll just checked around for interesting stories.
    Since I'm a diver, there were a lot to digest.

Attached Files:

6. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice House

Is this your house in DGTE.? Nice good looking house. How much did you spend for this house so far, if you don't mind? Planning to build our own.

7. tonyrems

tonyrems DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beautiful structures. Is this your house here in Dumaguete?

TonyRem's

8. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My house.

Hello guys. Yes, It is my house.
    It is in Bacong. To get there, you turn right (to the mountain)in Bacong public market. Strait up and pasing the gas station and coc-fight arena follow the road until end of concrete road (until next election).10 meter before end take right and now you see the house on your left side inside fencing.The road is also mine (our:smile: ).
    The price so far is about 6,5 m
    290 sqm one floor + 56sqm upper terrace.
    5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
    81 sqm pool (ca 130m3) with ext yacuzi and Gazebo.
    pool bar with 5 integrated chairs.
    Pool with Hayward equipment(Pump, DE filter, VaryFlo valve and skimmers).

Attached Files:

9. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's really awesome.

Your house is lovely.
    How big is the land? It is really nice to have a house like this. Do you guys have an internet connection in your area?

Ciao,

10. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well. For me I had some basic standard to get.First i wanted to have the house 1 floor only.I dont want stairs for every day life.Later on I decided to have a terrace over the garage added. And I wanted a pool with integrated bar. My kids learned to swim there during our first stay,so for me allready the investment have carried fruits.Almost a disaster also. On our blessing day for the house we almost have a kid drowning there. But we rescued the kid with mouth to mouth and Heart Rescue(dont remember the name in english) And got him to hospital therafter. At that time my puls rate really was fast. With a lot of screaming Pinoys around when I tried to feel the pulse.The kid have been under for maybe 4 to 5 minutes before he was seen and taken up.I was inside the house when Ii heard the noice.So I ran to the pool side Where one smart and fast thinking Pinoy have taken him Up.And in 5 to 10 minutes of treatment we manage to get the heart going and breathing by himself.

The Lot Is 1350Sqm inside fence +that I own the road. all in all 1547Sqm.
    I also have one more property 2500 Sqm not so far away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.