Dumaguete Info Search

Introdusing myself.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by blackline, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tina_rey

tina_rey DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm full Filipino living here in the States since I was 6 now 23. My family and I visited in 2007 for about two weeks, but that was not enough! I haven't had the chance to tour the school or the marine lab, what were you're impressions about it? I'm recently single.

2. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What were the reasons for you to consider marine biology as your possible future occupation.
    For me I grew up living 100 meter from the sea. Started to go fishin when I was about five(my mother wasn't allways so happy about that)started snorkeling when I was 10. Scuba diving when I was 16.(33 years ago)
    And still active.

I have also friends which is Marin Biologists.
    One holds a title as proffesor in "Cod Farming"
    I also know a Marin Biologist named Espen Rekdal, which won a first price in World Underwater photography championships 2009.

"This month you join me with the World Champion! In June, at Jeju Island South Korea, Espen Rekdal of Norway was named the 12th CMAS World Champion of Underwater Photography."
    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/a-conversation-with-espen-rekdal/

He have also done some magic shots at my favorite divespot Fosnstraumen (Norway).
    Where I started my strong current diving in 1977.

3. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Travel to DGTE in 2010.

Finally I was able to order our trip to DGTE in 2010.
    This year have been a nightmare to get my summerholydays from work.
    But finally it was ok, and it was still tickets back.:(

Reaching Phillippines the 25 of July and six weeks to come.:smile:

yeppekayeee!!!.

After 90 days with snow and cold weather (until now) I am more than ready for som heat.

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    'introducing' still needed ?

Well Blackline, you keep introducing yourself after several years :smile:
    I will already warn the bartenders here that you are coming in July so they can take their counter measures :D
    I know they are scared to get their furniture ruined again after your visits.(LOL)
    See you then.
    Don't forget to bring your sunburn cream because it's still bloody hot and dry.

5. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well. I am not introducing me anymore, but avoiding DI-people forgetting me.:D

And I'm proud of being the reason for upgrading bars to quality furniture i DGTE.
    That's PROGRESS.:cool:
    I cant wait to get hot and dry weather for a while.With or without sunburn cream.
    Here I have been diggin snow for three months in a row now.And that I havent experienced even in the 70s. Last record 62 days (1986)blown away.
    So much for global warming.

6. Germex

Germex DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear Wiking,

I had many years ago a similar experience in Dumaguete with the fare for a tricycle, but when I asked the driver why he is charging this high price, he answered only: "for your nose". Yes, this are the Philippines!

Friendly yours (with a long nose),

Ludwig

7. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well. This pedicab driver have at least lerned a lesson. He tried to make friends with me for a lot of years before he finally gave up. After I told him why:(.

I never make friends with people try to fool me. And most important. I dont expect others to do to the same to me either in the same situation.
    I am a "strait from the liver person":eek:

8. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Holyday Time closing in, And I'm looking forward to my DGTE holyday 2010. How are Yelly doin these days? Any Progress? How's weather conditions been lately?
    Here in the far north it have been a cold Winter,Cold Spring and now less than a week before the sun are turning again, the summer have not yet arrived. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Probably God is punishing us for giving the Nobel Peace Price to Gore and Obama the last two years.:eek::rolleyes::D

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :p Hi, Just come down fro the mountains of Spain, I feel on a roll, Read all your posts. Hi Blackline I am Jack P. nice to meet you:smile:
    Jack P

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Well Blackline, Jelly is doing very well these days.
    I am as well now in a cold country but will be back in Dumaguete end of this week.
    You need to come and visit me again (and have of course some dives) to see all the improvements we made.
    And YES you can swimm now also in the pool.
    PM me when you will arrive.
    I am glad to be back home again after 5 weeks in the Netherlands (and trips to France and Italy).
    In Italy we visted Gabriele from this forum. He and his wife welcomed us. He also showed us the nice spots in Milano.
    I will show some pics when home again next week.
    See you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.