Dumaguete Info Search

Introdusing myself.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by blackline, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Then I think that you should have some time in DGTE to se if this is the place for you. That we think it is a nice place is not the same as you will do the same.
    But I wish you good luck with the decision making.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Some more photos of this years trip to DGTE. Something to remember now when snow is about to come here.:mad: :eek:

Attached Files:

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    By the way who was it that built your pool. It looks like a fantasitic job. Was it built to your design or did the contractor make the suggestions on what to build?

About your diving in Norway, I have been up in some of the Fjords several years ago while serving with a NATO squadron, but I could never dive in that cold water. I only dive in the tropics, around Florida, Cuba, the Red Sea, and I am really still a beginner. How long is your average bottom time and do you use a heated suit?

4. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Pedro. My pool and surroundings (jacuzi and Gazebo)was drawed after my loose specifications by my Dumaguete based arcitect. He came to me with a set of drawings and we agreed to the one beeing build.I bought myself the filters, pumps, etc.Choosed HAYWARD.A Cebu based pool constructor put up the pool.Iam not so contempted with that, cause my "Wariflu valve"was not even included in the system when visit i 2006. So I have to instruct and order it done that myself.
    Basically I dont expect that I, which never has done anything near poolbuilding should tell the "Experts" what and how to do it.But basic construction qality seems to be ok. But need more years to know that for sure.

About diving here in Norway, I have done this for 31 years now.The first 3 years with a wet-suit 7mm and later Dry Suits. Mostly Poseidon Jet-Suits.
    No heated suits. Not even when we have to use dynamite to get hole in the Ice in some occasions.(one meter thick).Regulator used is still my old Poseidon CSUs from my start in 1977.
    Average bottom time is normally near max before decompression starts.
    I use 2x10l- 200bar tanks normally and also sometimes 2x15l 200 for decompression dives.
    Max done diving time with my 2x10l is 135 minutes with max depth 23 meter. But thats some years ago.Today I consume a lot more.With some 20 kilos more "muscles":D .

5. Leirom

Leirom DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I have retired to Cebu, but maybe Dumaguete would have been better?

6. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes maybe, but first you should tell us a little basics about yourself.

7. OP
    OP
    blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Was a little courious about you Leirom. So i checked the homepage/blog you have posted link to.
    So you are probably a Norwegian living in Cebu. Are you newbie or settled in Cebu?
    See also that you have a photo from OsloB. I have Norwegian friends which have their family there. They were visiting me in DGTE in 2006 during the blessing of my house. And they are livin not so far from me in Norway. And I have both friends in Cebu(in Mambaling) and in San Boan where I this year was visiting during blessing of a new house.
    In DGTE it is a pretty big Norwegian environment. The photos with biljard playing is Norwegian friends coming to my place and try my newly innstalled pool table. Normally they are playing two days a week on Barefoot

"Unfornately" I'm not retired yet so I have still more years to work before living whole year in DGTE.
    So until that I just have to envy you guys.

8. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I Leirom, why do you say that? Do you not have a good support group in Cebu? I know Cebu is a much larger city and very industrious. How are you finding medical care and socializing? Are Expats there pretty much isolated or do most of you find yourselves in the same communities. I am just trying to understand what it may be like for Expats in the other areas of the PI.

9. Leirom

Leirom DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in Cebu Island not in Cebu City!
    I wanted to open my own thread in this chat forum in order to introduce myself, who do I do that?
    Is there a moderator that intercepts my first try?

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    isn't that hard... you click on general chat on the forum - main page, than on new thread... that's basically all, no rocket science... hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.