Dumaguete Info Search

Is Persian Palate still open or closed?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Veronica, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best restaurants I have found were in Southwestern USA; but west of Texas. Do not know if there are any in Texas, but doubt it. They were Seventh Day Adventist establishments.

Adventists with whom I have talked in both Cebu and Dumaguete know of no restaurants in those metropolises. :mad:

2. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fussy stuff about pizza and other bread stuff

It seems that if pizza and other bread stuff does not have sugar in it is quite likely to contain something that is evn more injurious to health.

And if it has been sugared it was probably done with clarified sugar. And the clarification was probably done with animal bones.

So a fussy vegan might not want noodles, pizza. rolls, or other "necessities". Even a fussy vegetarian might not want noodles, pizza. rolls, etc. Of course a natural hygenist or another health seeking eater would not really miss grains. :smile:

*** Trolls, other flamers, and "only sarcastic" so and sos have at me. :D

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I was going to suggest that they stay away from breads also, but I figured they probably had been eating them all along and didn't want to distress them more. I am no vegetarian. I consider chicken to be a leafy green vegetable; but you can eat whatever you like and you have my sympathy for the lack of food you enjoy marring your vacation. Better luck next time. Robert K

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Life is a terminal illness.

5. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well,if the Yanks don't like the food here, and the locals who love meat dishes,as I do.
    Then,there's the return ticket back home to huge hamburgers and pancakes oozing with butter and other sugary condiments.Perhaps a lettuce leaf and a carrot will suffice here....and a stubby of San Miguel...any meat in that?

6. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Flavor enhancers

Just something to think about.....you may think you have covered all your bases regarding your vegan needs....but don't forget to ask if they are using the flavor enhancers/all in one seasoning that are SO overly used here!! The ones I have checked the ingredients on contain chicken fats in them. No concern to me as I am not vegan, I am more concerned with the MSG and sodium they have, but I do know they like to put it in everything!!

7. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The thread was started and the original question was asked by a Canadian tourist not a Yank

8. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi veronica

:Dthanks for your comment but next timee give us a chance to offer you veggiefood fresh from the market
    guenther

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    When I want a "meatless" dish (I am not a vegetarian), I go to Casablanca. Saturday they had a tomato zucchini pasta that was terrific so I ordered an extra for take out for the freezer. If nothing showing on the menu, I will ask for a modified version of their offerings substituting mushrooms, tomatoes, or whatever. They are always accommodating. They have a great chef salad which you can ask or a substitute for the ham. Just present your request and they will probably take care of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.