Dumaguete Info Search

IT Outlook High Speed Internet

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by frankg, May 7, 2008.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    For the record, FrankG has rented a house here in Valencia on the advice from IT outlook that they could provide internet to him in this house in "10 days". It has now been almost 2 months, and he still has no internet.

"No antennas?"

Larry.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I met FrankG accidentally in a Restaurant in town, just another guy who probably felt for the lies of a famous Pinocchio company.

But back to 2BB questions.

Good companies:

Globe is working on their Net since a long time now. The new Package deals provided on their homepage should be available in DGTE in August.

I had a meeting with Gina Alcantara from Globe, by the end of the year Valencia should also be covered by them. Dauin is not on their schedule yet.

I heard good stuff about Sky-cable but have no own experience with them.

SmartBro is OK for normal usage and receiving/sending files if not to big.

Worst company:

no further comment needed

cheers
    Rhoody

3. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey Gentle, shut your trap. I am tired of hearing your nonsense. You made a bad investment in the IT outlook company. Fade away.

• Like Like x 2
  4. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK Guys,

I think the best thing would be to stop the name calling from both sides.

This is turning into a bad blood contest!

Let`s move on and experience what other customers of this site use as Internet provider and they can give rating like this maybe:

4- exelent
    3- very good
    2- good
    1- poor

For me an internet provider that delivers very good capability with high byte rate is VERY important and it will have a huge impact in where I decide to stay.

I know I wont get the 10mb/10mb fibre connection that I am spoiled with now though:(

5. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    IT Outlook = -1:D

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    SmartBro- 3

Good points; Although not super fast, it is fast enough for the average person's needs. It is dependable, has quick, inexpensive, and easy installation, (No "in 10 days sir" that turns into months of waiting) and affordable at P999/month.

Bad points; Not available everywhere, personal connection subject to location, customer service hotline sucks, (local office service ok).

Overall, best internet provider I have had anywhere, including the US.

Larry in Valencia

7. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Smartbro in Valencia sounds good then.

Much becouse I will do as others, start a few internet websites selling goods that I can get from the local area and ship it back to Norway. :D

+ I have an IP Phone system where I bring a little box the size of a cigarett pack with me. That one I connect to a router on the computer and thus I can call for FREE 24h::smile: :smile:

Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Irland, Italy, Iceland, Canary Islands, Cina, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherland, Polen, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Great Brittain, Switzerland, Sweden, Thailand, Germany, Taiwan, USA, Vatican state, Austria.

(Telio / Privat / Priser / Utland In Norwegian)

And everyone in Norway calling me does so at my local Norwegian number and it is same quality down in Valencia/Duma:D

Would not use it for local calls in PI becouse that would cost me a dollar a minute! Unless if any of my Scandinavian friends down here have same system.:p

Beeing a Norwegian who like it a bit colder I think Valencia is high on my chart of places to live with a somewhat cooler clima. How much colder is it then downtown Duma?

About rain which I am also used to, does it rain more in Valencia then in Duma?

A little palace with a swimmingpool and view over duma would be fine with me hehe

hehe I use to work with an US oil company in Norway, and when I asked an US american how he experienced Norway he told me that what he heard before he came here to Norway was this:

If on picnic with many US and NO citizen, the US would be out in the sun when sky is clear and all sunny and the NO would hide under the roof BUT If it started to rain the US would run under the roof and the NO would run out into the rain..... hehe there is something to it!

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

A: Not all of Valencia has Smartbro available. Before settling on a specific house or area better check with the Smart office.

B: Generally, about 5 degrees cooler than downtown Duma. Definately enough to tell the difference. The air (and everything else) is much cleaner, which adds to the pleasantness.

C: If on the plain say from the proper down, there is not much difference in rainfall. However, the farther up the hill from there you go, the wetter and more dreary it becomes. One km up from the proper in any direction will often put you in clouds and fog, and/or rain, when the sun is out in the proper.

Larry

9. paalao

paalao DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Larry,

I take it that the fog /rain is only in the rainy season or does it get some during dry season aswell due to cumulus nimbus build ups due to evaporation and humidty?

Anyway a car and I am downtown during the day or playing golf or doing some other stuff. Atleast the grass get natural irregation.

And 5 degrees C below normal temps of 27-37 is very nice. Sounds like a very nice temperature while I have clean air.

I`ll tell you that I am getting more and more wound up on going there :smile:

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

After a certain elevation, it gets rain most of the year round when noplace else here does.

Larry