Dumaguete Info Search

IT Outlook High Speed Internet

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by frankg, May 7, 2008.

1. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello from the hills of West Virginia, (almost heaven)..especially after a jug of home made moonshine on a saturday night. Is it illegal to make in the Philippines? Any way I was wondering if someone could tell me if Sky Cable or Globe Broadband is available in Ben Lu Subdivision located in Batinguel just outside Dumaguete? There is FIL Cable installed now but not sure if they provide internet service. As I have read here it seems those two are the best to go with. I need high speed so that I can use a Majic Jack phone connection on a lap top. Here in west virginia we string phone line to each others home and take turns get en on the internet. one man died not long ago so now there's only 9 of us. That gives each of us a few more min. but it was sad to see homer go the way he did. :-( Hope someone has some good news for me on this subject :-) internet that is!!!

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I can't answer your Globe or Skycable question, but I can tell you my Magic Jack works fine on Smartbro.

Larry

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Hey Billy, they sho have coconut wine which is a local creation if'n yo know wat I mean. Shucks don't know bout that internet thing but when we want to communicate with the neighbors we just bang on the can that is connected 2gether by string and we hears them fine. Only Magic Jack I know bout is in a black label bottle which after you drink gives you that ol magic feeling all over you body. May Homer rest in peace. I got some Jack to drink so catch yo on the flip side.

4. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FIL Cable or Fil Products has no internet service, skycable, globe, and smartbro are the choices if its available in that are.

5. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. have you ever tasted apple pie flavored moonshine, I bet that would be a big seller over there. We make it and suppy it in mason jars. where did you say your from?

6. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info on the Majic Jack. I bought several of them to give to members of my family for this past christmas. They love it. The only problem I have sometimes it will drop a call and ring back. Have you had any problem with your?

AL

7. robhankins

robhankins DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone had experience with Globe WiFi yet? It seems both Globe and Smart now have plans with an in-home router for sharing among computers?

8. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'd love this info, as well...

I've been researching Smart and Globe online and am trying to make sense of both of them; I understand that service would depend on where in Dumaguete you are, is that correct? Some areas work with only one or the other?

I think we would follow Rhoody's lead and do the 999/mo. unlimited service so we don't need to "clock-watch." We will be spending a lot of time online once our business is up and running.

Please share any info/suggestions that would help point Rick and me in the right direction.

(Two days and counting until Rick's departure from NYC to Manila to Dumaguete!!!)

~ Sue

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I must admit it sounds a mite better' n Boones Farm Apple Wine. As long as you sell it for 15 pesos a jar you jus might be able to establish yo self a spot on the Dumaguete Chamber O Commerce don't ca know!

Billy I hail from that great southern city J'ville, the home of our world famous musicians Lynard Skynard and named after that grand gentleman General Andrew Jackson himself.

10. dralionblade

dralionblade DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Isn't this getting a little bit off topic? Or someone please lock this thread since it's starting to trail off topic here. There's enough dissatisfaction and the business seems like its about the go down so there's really no point in following this any further.

Just my suggestion.