Dumaguete Info Search

It's true there is a plane

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by bikerdave, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... that's a great fare, I tried to book on the 9th for the 13th. My c-card's (visa and master) were not accepted (they were ok with the bookings in 12/2008 and work with PAL and all other payments w/out any probs), the e-ticket fare at that point would have been 883 Peso (special ticket-sale 688 available but also not bookable) so I went to the CPac office where I got the ridiculous 1.100 offer.

I had my notebook with me and showed them the online-price and the special offer. ("Sorry Sir, you can only book that online"...errrrm no, I would if I could)

Same drama with 2 flights from Tacloban to Manila for yesterday (so I booked PAL, way more convenient flight AND in time )

I glad to hear it "works" if you can book ahead of time. As Duma-Ceb is not that important in combination with the booking-options we have here and their online-system, I doubt it will last that long . let's see in 6 month (and that's positive thinking)

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    As I said in the previous post, I have issues with CP and its deficient internet booking system. I was not prepared to put than more a little of my money at risk and only booked our partial needs for the Apr - Jul period. I did so mostly out of curiousity that I could make the booking system work.

When you do manage to book, you get an "under review" message, which seems to infer that there is a problem with processing the charge to your credit card. I checked with my CC carrier's site and discovered that the charges had already been posted. Even after the hour's delay suggested by CP and into the next day, there was no change. Calling its call center is not much help, either. Even if the phone is answered, one is put interminably placed on hold. In desperation I called in the middle of the night on a weekend day and finally got through. The live humanoid repeated the "under review" story into my ear. I told him that such was an UNTRUTH and demanded to know when the E-Ticket would be issued. Within 24 hours was the response. This, at least, took place as promised.

Emboldened with this seeming success and as the seat sale was still within its period of sales validity, I proceeded to attempt to book the remainder of our requirement. My CC (which I had just successfully used) was rejected three times. At the end of my patience and quite disgusted - I quit!

Cebu Pacific offers a good flight service. I have no problem with that part of the activity. Its staff have bent over backwards to accommodate my needs. The internet booking system is simply pathetic! It is NOT workable on a consistent basis!

I would NOT recommend this carrier's services to anyone with an immediate flight need requiring service. It is only a realistic service to those curious, patient individuals who have the luxury of time on their hands to attempt to deal with a bizarre booking procedure. That both the website and the humanoids serving it persist in telling un-truths to customers who know better completely undermines the credibility of this carrier to do business.

I wish that this were not the case but sadly it is. For a real or immediate need, I would and have booked with a more reliable competitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.