Dumaguete Info Search


⌛ Jamming at Devlin's Saturday 27th oct 2pm

Discussie in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' gestart door Devlin, 24 okt 2007.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. progmeister

    progmeister DI Forum Patron

    Lid geworden:
    5 sep 2007
    Berichten:
    1.013
    Trofeepunten:
    188
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey guys,

    If you're still bassless :D I know someone who's willing to jam with ya, he's into Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Yngwie Malmsteen, Venom et cetera. He doesn't have regular access to a pc so if you'd let me know I'll relay the message on to him.

    Is that better? Jeez someone sure forgot to take their chill pill today :D
     
  2. RHB

    RHB DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2007
    Berichten:
    744
    Trofeepunten:
    168
    Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    My question was, does a player need his own amplifier o just an axe? I didn't mean to infer that there was a judgement call as to the worth of coming. but it would be nice to pass on accurate info on what a given jam participant will need to bring along. ie; patch cord, mike, amp, funny hat, dew rag, whatever. :smile:
     
  3. Melvin Tinklehopper

    Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to bring my bongos and give everybody a taste of my "Bongo Fury"!
     
  4. Rhoody

    Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

    Lid geworden:
    19 dec 2006
    Berichten:
    5.283
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    There is a drumset, some Amps, and mikes and statives, Bass can go right into the consle, 6.3-Jack or XLR. 24/6/2-channel console semr-paraqmetric mids, 2 integrated digi-effects
    Bring the instrument and good mood.
    Andy I do know 3 chords, thats all, and rarely hit them... but I am a thursty soul... hehe

    cheers

    Rhoody
     
  5. jellyfish

    jellyfish DI Forum Patron

    Lid geworden:
    3 jul 2007
    Berichten:
    1.527
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    exact time

    What time will it start next time. Like to know roughly about starting and finishing time. Can already ask a driver to pick me up at the end :D :D :D
     
  6. jellyfish

    jellyfish DI Forum Patron

    Lid geworden:
    3 jul 2007
    Berichten:
    1.527
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I quote myself here. It was not meant as a joke (except that last phrase) but as a serious question because I forgot the exact time.
    Is the jamming session on comming Saturday starting at 2 PM at Devlin's Resto Bar ?
     
  7. RHB

    RHB DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2007
    Berichten:
    744
    Trofeepunten:
    168
    Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I assume Rhoody or Devlin will chime in eventually to let us know. What's your instrument (or instruments) Jelly?
     
  8. jellyfish

    jellyfish DI Forum Patron

    Lid geworden:
    3 jul 2007
    Berichten:
    1.527
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    instrument

    RHB, maybe you missed that in an earlier posting.
    I play trumpet. It's not at a professional level, but I played (many years ago... nearly 40 hahaha... in a band and played weekly (as hobby) in big dancing rooms.
    Thereafter I played still purely as a hobby some years in a dixieland group and did some jazy improvisations together.
    Now I hope to meet some people here to get that happy feeling back of making music out of the hart. I'm quite curious how we will get around with the different instruments, backgronds, capabilities and music preferences. But I'm sure we will have fun :D :D :smile: When not the music, then at least the contacs and drinks (:D )
     
  9. RHB

    RHB DI Senior Member

    Lid geworden:
    10 sep 2007
    Berichten:
    744
    Trofeepunten:
    168
    Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    lest see.. tumpet, drums and guitar, interesting ensemble. Hey its ok, know any improv? we will just get a groove going , a blusy thing.
    Did see that post but wasn't sure you played somwting else the way I read it.

    Don't worry, been 20 years since my last gig, but I have played everyting from Satin Doll to whole lotta love. Mostly blues and rock over the years. I am sure I suck now. Oddly I started on trumpet as a kid. don't play it now though, Although I could do a passable Albert Ayler solo on a tenor sax...
     
  10. jellyfish

    jellyfish DI Forum Patron

    Lid geworden:
    3 jul 2007
    Berichten:
    1.527
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
     
Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Laden...