Dumaguete Info Search

Jo's by the Sea Resort and Restaurant

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by Swany, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Enjoy in Tanjay! It is a beautiful place. I heard that there is a gorgeous waterfall there but I have never seen it yet. I will need to put that on my list for the next time that I go!

I especially love how they have many bands and ballroom dancing in the Tanjay park.

Please mail me back some Fiesta food! My American friends are tired of me whining about the food in America and how I miss my filipino food so I need my fix before I go crazy.....LOL!!!!!

2. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Hi there Cindy. My brother and his family are currently residing in Chicago and Filipino dishes are most likely available in the premises. A year ago, when my husband and I visited them, we went to different filipino restaurants and even ordered filipino dishes to cater for a party in his place. If you need a quick fix to eat filipino food, why not check out these filipino restaurants in Chicago area. You will just be amazed there is a few of them catering mostly for the kababayans.:smile:

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow! i crave for jo's chicken. and the binakhaw or commonly called kinilaw. long time already that i have not been there. when i come to dumaguete i make this my first choice to go to. eat jo's chicken. hehehehe.

4. Recycle

Recycle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jo's Inato

Hi Chrissar!

Suuus you made me hungry and miss more Dumaguete posting this pics. Wow I promise to visit this place sometime in november this year, I hope!!!:cool:

5. chrissar

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    You should Recycle. It's a fab place, very clean and staff are brill too. Food is great and if you would only want a light meal, they also have a merienda cottage where they sell like palitaw, first class bibingka (rice cake), etc.

6. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks Chrissar for the advice. I am currently in Missouri but I am making a trip to Chicago this weekend to visit my friend for his Birthday. Interestingly enough, he is filipino but his family came over when he was very young. I tease him all the time that I am more filipino than him!!!!! I will have to tell him to ask his parents where the good filipino restaurants in Chicago are and update him on filipino food...LOL.... I still have yet to talk him into coming with me to the Philippines. He says that he would be required to visit ALL OF HIS FAMILY if he went which would take up all his time and there would be no time left to go to Dumaguete City. Maybe I need to send him the pics from this forum to tempt him!

7. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

Cyndi ,I haven't heard of waterfalls in Tanjay ,but it's worth asking ,who knows.
    Yes ,Tanjay park has this ballroom dancing and live bands ,livens up the place .Hoping to be there on Fiesta hmmmmn and major thing in mind is FOOD yum yum lechon ,can't wait for that.

To find a quick fix pinoy food,find some filipino restaurants near you ,there must be a few nr your area considering high number of pinoys out there,or visit Filipino festival
    ,normally there are also booths specializing on food and all filipino .We do have like that here, the nearest we go is the Barrio Fiesta in Hounslow,west London during summer ,it's massive and we have our quick fix of all filipino food .

8. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0

We went to both, Sea Forest and Bahura. Sea Forest entrance is 100P per adult, 75P for kids under 4 ft. Even with paying for a cottage, and the entrance fee is nonconsumable, it's still ended up cheaper than Bahura if you have lunch. Bahura is very nice, but very expensive. The entrance fee gets consumed very quickly.

We'll definitely go back to Sea Forest, not sure about Bahura.

9. chrissar

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    West Coast Hokies, so glad you're all having fun and great time as I see it in Dumaguete right now. Looking forward to seeing your pics in this forum soon. Enjoy the remaining days of your holidays.:wink:

10. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Chrissar!! Will do, taking pictures like crazy. It's been fun, even with earthquakes, high winds, and torrential rain mixed in!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.