Dumaguete Info Search

Judged by Our Peers!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jack Peterson, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It took me 3 years to get that second green dot. PatO got his in a few months? Nothing against PatO, but it does make me wonder.

Larry

A quick look and he does have nearly as many posts as I have. So...

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    3 years ago we had 1/4 of the active visitors and posts of now and it is more used now than before.

3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Tried and tested.

:D Any Doubtors there can try it. Just click the same name and too many times around their friends as one member put it and you will see it gets blocked and gives you a message., I Know because I have just tried it.

Larry! and that time Rhoody talks about, it answers why most of the double greens are divers! NOW this used to make me think but now I understand. Thank you Rhoody for this input.

Jack P.:smile:

4. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Even on a thread such as this one, there is still controversy. This is called the website of gentle people.
    It is not about being one of the good old boys as much as it is about getting along with others in a friendly exchange of information, which is what most of us do in my humble opinion.
    Nasty? Any of us are able to be rude or nasty if we want to. It is the ability to keep it in check that makes us get along as a group.
    As for me, I've pretty much used up all of the "nasty" I have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Agreed!

:eek: Ron! We are a long time dead, I still believe and live by my signature. may we continue to post, with some dignaty and with a friendly banter, I hope that even the disagreements can be met with a smile, When Jim started the "Where is the humour here" I believe he started that thread with a BIG SMILE :smile: he was not wrong.

Jack P.:wink:

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Amazing, all this started because I was just expressing my opinion and then I get hammered because someone else was just expressing their opinion. I am not part of any clique, although I have a couple friends, I do not hang out at McDonalds, although I think it is great that people of like interests have a gathering place, I do not join the poker crowd, only because I am newly married and we are still settling in, and I did not ask for or seek a second greenie. I am sure, like others on DI, I have a equal balance between friend and foe, that is life. If my posts are offensive to some, that is not my intent (with one exception). Perhaps things would be taken less offensively if people do there homework before they weigh in.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

LOL. Yes, amazing, isn't it!

Larry

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes it is...
    and after 4 years, there is also a certain pattern about attitudes on DI.
    The "reactions" in October to early November and Januar-march are much more negative than the rest of the year.

Let's blame the weather.

Kumbaya to all

cheers

Rhoody

9. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    GASS.... Sorry if I come off to you as arrogant.... possibly a result of my military background..... arrogance is often related to confidence.... and an abundance of confidence is essential to a successful military career....
    I have little to be arrogant about..... I am a high school drop out...... who escaped a life of crime by the skin of my teeth.... I am not rich.....nor do I have a lot of higher education .... my military career was marked by great successes AND dismal failures.....I was even once thrown out of the military
    (I called my boss a liar....in front of his boss.... not a smart career move)
    I am not the sharpest pencil in the box....but I am always willing to learn
    You enjoy a rum and coke.....I enjoy writing..... and I would probably benefit from your constructive criticism.....

10. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    PatO..... I think it is to your credit you congratulated someone who has achieved a measure of respect from his peers... sorry this turned into a slug fest..... I join you in your attempt to recognize a difficult award

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.