Dumaguete Info Search

just wondering if Dumaguete is safe place to stay for foreigner

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by eiruj03, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Investment? Hmmmn! Are you sure it wasn't donated?

2. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I could very well have been donated but the point is that somebody has to ask for it. I know what you mean, as poor as the place is where will they get the money to buy an MRI. Hey, but you know the province received several billion pesos from the national government since it was identified as one of the 20 poorest province in the Philippines, I believe late last year.

The governor was initially upset about the designation until he heard that there will be money coming to help improve the condition there. So maybe, that's where the money came from.

3. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Macias meets with Duque for Negros Oriental MRI
    By Edmund B. Sestoso
    September 2008

GOVERNOR Emilio C. Macias II recently met with Health Secretary Francisco T. Duque in Manila to facilitate the purchase of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine for Negros Oriental.

Macias pursued the project after President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo pledged to extend cash assistance to enable the province to acquire an MRI machine.

President Arroyo made the commitment in her speech as the guest of honor during the iTAX Conference hosted by Negros Oriental on October 29 last year.

Capitol Information Officer Adrian Sedillo said that Governor Macias received a copy of the letter sent by Presidential Management Staff (PMS) head Cerge Remonde addressed to Secretary Duque reminding the latter of the President's promise.

In his letter, Remonde stated that the President has instructed the Department of Health (DOH) to allocate P50 million from its Hospital Upgrading budget for the purchase of the MRI machine for the Negros Oriental Diagnostic Center.

"The money is already there as there is already an existing program by DOH for hospital upgrading," said Sedillo.

He said Macias met with Duque, together with the three congressmen in the province, to personally follow-up the allocation of funds for the purchase of the said machine.

Sedillo added that Macias is set to write President Arroyo a letter to thank her for her significant contribution in improving the province's health facilities.

In a recent press conference, Macias has also expressed gratitude to the President for making sure that the province will have the much needed MRI machine.

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    The MRI is there. Yes it works.There is a fee to use it. Yes it was donated. Yes there is a fee to use it. So much for a government hospital. I believe the minimum fee starts at 1500p. Quite expensive for locals. That's why many who need it opt not to use it and take their chances

5. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sounds like my kind of place.........

6. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You guys are just too funny.......:smile: The cold beer sounds great!

7. greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would love to buy this book

Could anybody give me the title and author of this book please?

Thanks
    Adrian

8. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The Authors are Dennis and Joy Posadas , Title is “Etiquette Guide to the Philippines" you can find it at, amazon.com.

Jerry.

9. visitorguy

visitorguy DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,I'm coming to your fair town to dive,relax and enjoy the local folks,learn their cultureis a big proitry as I would not want to be a rude guest in your home town.I have yet to book lodgings as my friend who live their says that I could choose my loding on arival.So if You should see afat,smiling older man with a beoad rimed hat(white) stop and say "hey" I don't bite and truely would enjoy you present,I may not speck you language I'm flunt in american,hahaha.Hope to enjoy my vacation,hear I'll need a rain coat.How warm is july,its inthe 90 degree range here in fla. but not sticky.Francis,visitorguy

10. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thanks for the tip, I did read a good deal on Filipino etiquette and culture but it is hard to kick your bloody north sea habits, although I never had annybody getting cross with me so far (at least not to a point they got hostile)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.