Dumaguete Info Search

Lake Balinan

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by West Coast Hokies, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Here's some pic of our travel to Lake Balinan. It's near Siaton. We had a picnic there, then took a raft with a rope tow to the other side of the lake, to the falls.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Falls at Lake Balinan

Not sure of the name, maybe Balinan Falls? Anyway had a lot of fun there.

Attached Files:

3. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Wow, West Coast Hokies those pics are incredibly beautiful! I can see you guys had so much fun in that beautiful lake. Your kids are just enjoying their adventure in "the land that time (never) forgot".

West coast, is you wife from Dumaguete? What is her maiden name? I might know her or maybe her parents.

4. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Swany. Of all the places we visited around Dumaguet, that lake was the most fun! I heard that it's the deepest lake on the island, around 200 meters deep!

My wife is actually from Valencia, though she does have relatives in Dumaguete. I'll send you a PM with the name.

Take care... still have more pictures to share about our trip!

5. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow!!! NIce and COol pictures.. I am from Dumaguete but i never knew this places.... IT is good and thanks for sharing West Coast Hokies.....

6. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    No problem! I got pretty lucky in that my wife's cousin works for the provincial department of tourism. It's his job to scout and review the different tourist spots. So, we had some advance information from him.

7. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Kewl, all you have to do now is to discover Dumaguete more as it has more hidden beauties. And that you will love Dumaguete more as we do. Next time you're back home that if your out of the country at the moment, spare some precious time to visit these secret beauties of Dumaguete and enjoy.:smile:

8. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks for the PM and her name Hokies. Sorry her name did not ring a bell. When we visit Dumaguete again, I will make some arrangement and plans to go there with friends and relatives. I love the atmosphere of the lake just by looking at the pics it's so serene, and the beauty that surround is breathtaking. It is a writer's inspiration, indeed. Thanks again for sharing those beautiful pics. Looking forward to more.

swan

9. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    THIS IS WHAT I CALL FUN!!! :D :D :D Thanks for showing us these pictures of you and your family having a wonderful time on your vacation. It gives others ideas of where to go and what to do while we are here, and that is to enjoy the wonders that is the Philippines.:wink:

10. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    WCH, looks like a fun time!
    How long is the drive from Duma to Siaton?
    How is the road?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.