Dumaguete Info Search

Lake Balinan

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by West Coast Hokies, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Tim,

Yeah, it was a lot of fun, especially in the falls. The falls were perfect in size, not too strong, and the water is only waist deep.

It took a little over an hour to get to Siaton, by taking the national hwy. So the road was great, all highway. Just past Siaton, you turn on a gravel road and take that toward the hills for about 15 km. That took about a half hour. It’s a bit bumpy for now, but not too bad. Great vistas. Plus they are doing road improvements.

You can rent kayaks and pedal boats, there's also a bangka taxi across the lake, plenty of picnic tables, a nice trail around the lake (you have to take a raft w/ tow rope to complete the trail). They also have 3 swimming pools over there. And a restaurant, though we didn’t try it. We stopped in Siaton and picked up some food for our picnic. Bathrooms were clean, looked new.

I saw the guest book. Most of the visitors were local, coming from Siaton, few from Dumaguete. And very few foreign visitors. But there are plans to further develop the area and further advertise.

A great day trip!:cool:

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I think you meant to type hour. I was thinking it was about that far.
    Thanks.

3. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    :o Thanks! looked like a nice town, I hear it's next in line to become a city.

4. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hopefully I can get a hectare roped off before then. :D

5. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Go for it and Good Luck! :smile: First time I've I've been past Zambo, and thought the area was nice, with beautiful beaches.

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    watch out for the stampede, are there any beach lots?
    very nice photos WCH, thanks for sharing :smile:

7. OP
    OP
    West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You bet! Hope they help in giving folks an idea of what's around Dumaguete.

8. PaperMoon

PaperMoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great photos West!

Wow, I couldn't believe I've never been to this place! I actually grew up in Siaton and my father is somehow instrumental in the development of this lake. When I was a kid, my father bought a parcel of land in the area and he would regularly visit the lake along with my uncles and older cousins. I never got the chance to go though coz that place then was hardly accessible.

Btw, it's Lake Balanan : )

9. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    We only passed by the junction to Balanan,Siaton on our drive to Sipalay and thinking we could visit it on a diff week , sadly we never made it there during this last trip. Thanks for sharing your nice shots of Balanan ,looks everyone is having a nice time.

10. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nice pix WCH. Indeed Lake Balanan is a very nice place. Better than lake Balinsasayaw coz its nicely develope now. We've been to that place several times in the past and yet we didn't know about the falls. There was a creek then and a cave that leads you up the mountain.We will go again there this Saturday Sept.8. Will be having an overnight stay. Thanks for the great pix.

Heres some pix I want to share. Top view from up the mountain. This was taken 2 years ago. Next was the swimming pool. Taken just this Saturday. We were checking the place and the condition of the road for our overnight trip.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.