Dumaguete Info Search

Land prices - what is reasonable?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by 2divers, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 2divers

2divers DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have heard of land prices varying from 2,000 to 4,000 per square metre for a total around 10,000 metres of beachfront around DGE. Any suggestions on what the real/market price is would be appreciated.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I think you will have to go a little further out than "around Dumaguete" to get beachfront that cheap. Start about Dauin, or Amlan.

Larry

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    2divers, welcome to the DI forum. A proper introduction would be helpful and you may find a larger response to your post.
    Are you looking for a beach lot to buy and build on? Are you married to a filipina? How much are you willing to pay? How far out of Dgte are you willing to live?
    Like most places around the world, you will not find a beach lot to build on dirt cheap. There are some expats selling houses/lots on the beach. What is your price range.
    We get a lot of general questions and want to help but can better respond to you if you want to enlighten us. Good luck.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Welcome!

Hello 2divers, welcome to DI, Jack P just popping up to say Hi, Enjoy your stay. You don't say how long you have been here and I see there are some thoughts already for you, I can only say, be guided by those that know about Beach Front Land. Ours, is some 2km's in land, on the Valencia Road and we paid 1.220p per Metre, so here we have, at least one starting point. I will say though, It would appear that the shore line is getting more expensive. Can I just ask, is there a particular Reason, you want Beach Front Land? Valencia has good land with a lot of things going for it. Not sure about Current prices but there was a Thread not to long ago, about lots up there. Whatever, I hope all goes well for you and you achieve your goal in the PI. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

5. OP
    OP
    2divers

2divers DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, thanks for your comments. By way of introduction, we are 2 mad keen divers from Australia, not living here permanently (not yet, anyway!). Our reason for wanting beachfront goes with our hobby. Dauin or surrounds would be good for us, as this seems to have useable beach frontage in most parts.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

You do realize that a foreigner cannot legally purchase land?

Larry

7. OP
    OP
    2divers

2divers DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, thanks Larry. Planning on purchasing via a company. Cheers

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Ahhh, ok, well, you do realize you can't own a business?

:wink:

Larry

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    How do you figure?

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I was told a foreigner forming a corporation can only himself own 40% max.