Dumaguete Info Search

Lawyer shot dead.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by jimeve, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This is only true if you follow a certain patern, being always on the same place at the same time.
    Most people have no choise but if you have a choise it is a good idea to disrupt that patern. One time you take this road, another time another road and if possible on different times.
    Makes it difficult for anyone to target you,especialy going to an ATM, bank or moneychanger (or Mc Do)

2. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Just taking a morning exercise hike, familiar vendors, trashpickers, streetsweepers & tanods giving good morning smiles, I'm more concerned of exploring unfamiliar neighborhoods and unfriendly dog attacks. This is the best part of my day and reward for living here.

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Carl, I don't know what to tell you. There really isn't much random crime. I have no idea what that lawyer was involved in but someone didn't just wander in off the street and shoot him.
    I guess some folks make a fort of their homes but if their that worried why are they living here. I have a couple dogs, nothing very threatening, a lab and a couple pups. I live in what is not considered one of the best areas of the city, maybe I'm foolish but I don't have any window grills or guns. I've lived in the PI for most of the last 30 years and what I've seen is that most of the foreigners who have been killed did something to provoke it or it was a burglary that went wrong, and almost always an inside job.

4. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This is getting scary, I move here for one reason "peace and order" but reading the above post reply...I dont know if Dumaguete is more safer than Manila or Cebu. What do the Police /NBI told to the public? Everything is still under control? Is it still The City of Gentle People or shall we say the city of gentle killings? which is best? Funny but true :smile:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    WOW! Sorry!

:eek: Sorry! I did't know the Police, dealt with all this, as well, No wonder they don't have time, to catch Villains and Murderers. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    here some stats.

good news, reported crime-rate goes significantly down. bad news, unsolved indexed crime rate significantly up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

At least they are keeping cattle rustling at bay! :D

8. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Rhoody can you explain the difference between murder and homicide?

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I am not a lawyer nor do I have any legal training, but my understanding of it is this.

Murder is generally deemed to be intentional, pre-meditated and/or "with malice aforethought". That is to say, whoever did it meant it to happen, had probably thought it out and planned it, and the end result of the action or deed was to be the deliberate taking of another persons life.

Homicide is also causing the death of another, but the circumstances may be different in that it was not intentional, the death often being caused by the negligence of another. For instance, a building worker falls to his death because the building company knew about, and used, unsafe scaffolding. Another example would be the drunk driver who collides with and kills a pedestrian. There is also the situation of Justifiable Homicide, where for example, a police marksman takes out a rampaging gunman in order to prevent him taking other lives. This would also apply to an armed kidnapper who threatened to kill his hostage.

In the UK, homicide is generally referred to as Manslaughter. In a relatively recent UK case, a train derailment which caused the deaths of numerous passengers, and was found to have happened because of poor track maintainance, resulted in the Chairman and Board of the company being charged with Corporate Manslaughter.

I have only generally compared the UK and the US in this interpretation, because most countries have varying definitions and levels of murder. In Italy for instance, there is a degree of mitigation if the crime was an act of passion in order to protect ones honour !!! and even in the US the definition of murder as opposed to homicide may vary from state to state.

In short, murder is deliberate, and homicide (manslaughter) is not.

Clear as mud now, isn't it ??:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lee from Canada

Lee from Canada DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Holy seems like a lot of crime going on in Dum but its prob worse in cebu just don,t seem to hear about it ? Thanks for the heads up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.