Dumaguete Info Search

Lee Plaza Incident

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Dumaguetef28, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    1) Location, location, location.
    2) His supermarkets, except for Ernie Q's Fortune Mart, he's been here longer than anyone else. (Locals are 'creatures of habit').

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Give me Ruston's or give me death........

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    you can file a case for that for public humiliation unless they will do public apology for you. Gosh! I hate embarrassments! You deserve a right justice!

4. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give me Ruston's

Unfortunately, the closest one I know of is in metro Cebu. Are there any branches around Dumaguete?

5. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    concurance with 'creatures of habit'

Yes we all are 'creatures of habit'; but we can habituate ourselves to getting what we want from those whom we patronize.

6. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know some humans, who were born elsewhere, who have spoken up when treated poorly at Lee's places. They do not report always getting more respectable treatment, they report sometimes getting more respectable treatment. And one of them has told other people who referred him to Lee's places that he thinks that there must be a better place. Perhaps a little more insistence would reduce Lee's results to the extent that things would change.

In my opinion: He is not quite the only one in City center. And his joint is not easily negotiated. Nor is some of his stuff quickly reached. Some competitors do offer quite a bit more (depending, of course, on what the shopper seeks).

7. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    one person actually doing actually his job in Dumaguete

The note I reply to is timely because only three days ago I really came home to find one person actually doing his job in Dumaguete. Last Saturday when I returned both before expected and by an unexpected means of transport, a burglar was nearly into my home. On noticing me he discontinued doing his job. In this case I was *not* happy that one person was actually doing his job in Dumaguete. {No smiliey used at the end of this true report.}

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, you can hire the securities of Lee plaza if they get fired for doing their job

9. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I really thought Lee Plaza was going to go down the crapper when Robinson's moved in, but it did not happen. Robinson's did not and still has not committed all of their resources to this location.

Lee plaza has a better selection of clothing than Robinson's to fit all budgets and exact items are cheaper there. They have more cashiers in each section of the store than are on duty at any given time in the whole Robinson's department store. Groceries are also cheaper for the most part at Lee plaza / Hypermart than Robinson's also. Bell peppers are a perfect example. We shop at Hypermart for the most part, but buy some things like Harvey milk and a few other items at Robinson's. Their meat department and fish department seem to be better also. Lee Plaza has the best imported section of the three. We know what is available at each location and shop accordingly.

Personally, I do not mind the security, it makes me feel "secure", however I have not figured out exactly what is so magic about a drumstick when they fish around in your bags with it.

IF and when SM gets here,hopefully they will bring a full grocery store and department store with them and not bring in a scaled down version due to the fact Dumaguete is a 4th class municipality. We surely don't want or need another half-assed store here, we have plenty of those already. The prospective customer base here has surely been underestimated in their desires and needs.

I have no desire for a Rustans, give me a Metro Gaisano Market and department store like they have at Market! Market! in The Fort

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It is because of shoplifters. But that can be very inconvenient,you know, especially if you will have to go through the process for no reason. So what happened? There must be something wrong with their alarm to sound off like that for no reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.