Dumaguete Info Search

Let sweep it under the carpet

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    u know there's just so much religion i can listen to without throwing up whatever the quote!!! and who cares if your quoting correctly

from what i care to know, pre history...i mean pre refrigerator. meat used to go off very quickly, so them words may have been sound advice once, cos i understand pork goes off real quick. please the pair of you get upto date, since the ref was brought in that part i think can be forgotten about. as for marriage, ermmm show me a church here that'll marry me lol they wanna get up to date with a few more things if you ask me!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Coyotes sorry didn’t mean to offend you.

I am very sorry about that honestly I hate bring the bible in to anything. Babel started with it. And telling an entire world of Catholic’s that we are sinning because we eat pork. And my wife is a Filipino so talking about sweeping under the carpet,there is only so much I can take. You want to marry I can help if you are not a Catholic and you want to marry a Catholic in the church. Here is the rule as a Catholic if you are not married in the church you are not married. so if you were married before but never married in the Catholic Church you have never been married. So you have to become a Catholic because you have never married in the Church you can marry. Just need to know the rules there simple but few people know them. But to become a Catholic not hard but their are things you will have to learn, So it may take a while.:cool:

3. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    My most Humble apologize for losing my cool.

Jelly-fish, Rhoody and everyone, I am sorry but could not take it. I just feel that whatever happened to Babel in the Philippines was his own fault. But to complain about Filipino’s and Catholic’s without facts shows a lack knowledge on his part about Filipino’s and the world in general he spends far too much time writing with no facts and just a opinion. I really didn’t want to bash an expat more fun to have a cold one. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Teacher,....excuses accepted :D
    Join the club. You did hit the nail at the right place.
    So you'r gonna join us soon with some cold ones ? :wink:
    It's so much better than being bashed by textual poor writings from a self proclaimed writer.

5. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don’t like people pointing their fingers to others who are together and not married are immoral people or sinner.there are many things to look in this life why we are a sinner.

Some people choose to be together but don’t go into marriage because they want to know more if they fit to each other, than to swear to GOD in the church that only death can only do us apart“

You want to be together with the woman you meet,because you are wrap with your religion doctrine you must have to marry her and that’s the only way that you will know more about her , after that it’s already late you found out there are many things that you don’t fit to each other, then the marriage situation is like a hell! Teaching of our religion sometimes is impractical. ….

Example is this teaching against CONTRACEPTIVE, ok people you multiply because you follow the teaching of the religion even if you cannot feed the children 3x a day and cannot give a good future of the children , the main is you don’t commit a sin! This is crazy doctrine of the church.

I have a church and I believe GOD…But I don’t like to follow all this doctrines in the church that is not applicable in our daily lives.

What happened to this characters in the bible Jacob Abraham etc…. are they blessed in the church as married ….How many wives they have????

6. shiba

shiba DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh my gosh...

7. Maryfee

Maryfee DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    errrrmm what is bad about eating dogs or cats (I don't but i mean it in general) for sure a dog or cat is a cleaner animal than animal than the pork you eat... and you idiot talk about a world-citizen ???? who is right ??? billions of asians or your poor country... is the cow holy or not ??? wait for the next truth....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    My sentiments exactly.

That's the point I was hoping someone would latch on to. It's intellectually dishonest to proclaim the eating of one animal as immoral but another as morally acceptable (religious restrictions aside) especially when it's applied from a cultural perspective. I'm more open to accepting the argument of religious restrictions rather than some "holier than thou" moral superiority.
    If you choose not to eat certain foods because of some personal preference or belief, that's fine, but don't condemn another culture because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Honestly I agree

:cool: Daffs and Timn8ter
    Honestly I agree with both of you. But I was trying to deal with a person and his archaic values so I felt it was necessary to use something he would understand. It’s like the old saying “don’t throw rocks if you live in a glass house.” I am just like everyone else I live by the values of the modern world I try very hard not to cling to yester year and the old values that were once in place were there for practical reasons. And the values of today are practical for the modern man. It is just a fact of an evolving world and the needs of today. But if you find the need to point a finger at someone you better be ready for it to be pointed back. You can’t live in both worlds choose one or the other.

10. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    And where is it state the new laws in the bible? I have read it from cover to cover many many times cant find any references or changes over than the difference in hebrew translations from the torah to the bible, no law changes.

As I am an atheist your religious words are just a wisdom of bygon days, morals standards and laws however required within society without them things would be uncivalised. The Jews where pretty wise guys, pork went bad quick no refridgerators and hard to get ice.

Yes I know dog is eaten elsewhere but the fun is eating dog is banned here. The sad thing is I have been unaware and eaten some. The good thing is expats have been warned that dog dressed up to be goat can be served to them if they are unaware.

I like to see the goat alive and then cooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.