Dumaguete Info Search

Let sweep it under the carpet

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Babble again!!!!!!

Shoot !! You really can’t teach old dogs new tricks. Let’s put this in a way even the dim-witted can understand. Okay, “The Bible for dummy’s 101” Have you ever heard of the Old Testament and then they say: New Testament. So hence the old law and new law. Christ brought the new Law. What rock have you been under dude? You argue with no knowledge, do you have a clue to what that makes you look like to other people? You say you have read the bible cover to cover and you still didn’t understand the simple concept of old and new? LOL… And as far as Dog you want someone to admit to breaking the law? Who is going to do that in any country? Not even in the UK or US. Let’s sweep it under the carpet. Another pointless post by our Babel-fish the name truly fits you. Because you do nothing but Babble. I am sorry that everyone has to read this for that I apologize to my fellow members. But what do you do with this guy? any idea's:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I am really amazed at the multitude of information that is exchanged in this forum and it is even amusing. But I do believe that on the issue of eating dogs here in the PI you seem to be missing the point that the dogs are mainly eaten here because the family is really hungry and maybe would not have any meat if it were not for the wayward or sometimes snitched canine. Just something to think about as you fatten up mans best friend, sad as it is from our western perspectives which tend to favor the dog.

3. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I
    I know and as long as no one offers me dog again at the meal table or pitch my dogs to eat I don't mind one bit.

4. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Shoot !! You really can’t teach old dogs new tricks. Let’s put this in a way even the dim-witted can understand. Okay, “The Bible for dummy’s 101” Have you ever heard of the Old Testament and then they say: New Testament. So hence the old law and new law. Christ brought the new Law. What rock have you been under dude? You argue with no knowledge, do you have a clue to what that makes you look like to other people? You say you have read the bible cover to cover and you still didn’t understand the simple concept of old and new? LOL… And as far as Dog you want someone to admit to breaking the law? Who is going to do that in any country? Not even in the UK or US. Let’s sweep it under the carpet. Another pointless post by our Babel-fish the name truly fits you. Because you do nothing but Babble. I am sorry that everyone has to read this for that I apologize to my fellow members. But what do you do with this guy? any idea's

5. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hey Teacher no offence taken at all, not even by Babels words, i doubt very much i can be married now, in the UK i'm classed as female, my gf is also female, so here same sex is not allowed in your or any other church.

As for converting to Catholisum, ermmm lets not go there hahaha, i think just me considering it, if there is a god, he'll be warming up a bolt of lightning, if i step on holy ground lol.

i repect my gf's right to choose whichever god she wants to, for me it's enough to be truthful and honest, turn the other cheek?? maybe i'll decide at the time, (WARNING decisions maybe alcohol induced so levels are subject to change lol)
    I know babel is just trying to put an alternative "ïdea" in to the pot, but please get real, the church is changing slowly as it's realiseing it's loosing it's flock of "givers" that has built it's empire.....of god!!
    i always looked at the go forth and multiply to mean get kids who can fight on ourside!!! not that nice is it really? use condoms and feed your whole family sounds better to me.

6. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just because my views on the bible are different from yours, I respect yours why are you not respecting mine?

Good Christian's behave like that teacher, losing your temper does not help in debate.

So you find I am an atheist of whom writes mainly about religion and if you read my work you would note that I respect faith but question it.

In the case of jesus he did not bring new laws but a new way of perceiving God, I view him as one of the great Philosphers and I actual try to live by his standards of loving my fellow man. However there is a point to that loving bit.

Just because I don't believe in Christianity it does not mean I do not believe in its most of its moral standards. But to you I am the enemy oh my and the forum should send me to the hell of being banned.

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think you are wrong in your assumption. Most of the people who eat dogs there are people who hang around with their drinking buddies (mostly men) they call the dog eating as their "polotan" (mispelled). So while eating their "polotan" (mispelled) delicacy they also drink beer or "tuba" like native wine from coconut palm tree they gather during the day. And in the end they all get drunk :D :D

Look in China and Korea dog's meat are sold in separate market for dog meat only. Are they hungry :D? My Korean friend says dog meat is delicious and tender.

So try to get the picture of what I'm trying to say. Thank you.

8. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Babel walking, talking contradiction

An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial. I find most people are agnostic. But it comes to this. God is a fifty-fifty proposition if you live your life as if there is no God and at your death you find out there is a God you have lost everything. But if you live your life as there is a God and when you die and you find out there is no God you have lost nothing, you were a good person. You said you wish to live by the standards but at the same time you don’t believe this is an issue but only for yourself. I find you are a walking, talking contradiction. You don’t seem to know which side of the fence you are on. And point of fact really don’t care if someone is a Atheist or Christian or even an Agnostic I like everyone. Just want you to use facts not opinions.

9. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    HEY Coyotes

:cool: No problem, just take your GF to America. There same sex marriage is legal. Like I said my values are of the modern world. I’m not very religious but I am a catholic and married to a Filipina, So if someone draws a line in the sand I will be the guy to cross it. I will never step up if the guy has the facts but using half truths is not facts just opinions. I fought church dogma all my life. I know the Catholic Church is out of touch and most churches hang on to out dated values that are no longer needed. As for me I think you have a great sense of humor. I hope we have an accord happy days are here again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.