Dumaguete Info Search

liers

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by weena, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

dude,are you defining it based on your experience?

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yes, I have had plenty of experience with "Terminator Filipina's."

3. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well I am interested in it, I think you are oversimplifying the social problem/origin and reasons though.

The sigma is certainly there, just as there is a stigma in Western society about men who go with Filipina women and the women themselves.

If its origin lays in WWII I wonder, of course large amount of soldiers and sailors always tend to draw a certain crowd.

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Arie what is this stigma you write about? Is it something to do with Fletcher Christian? Perhaps the paintings of Gaugain? That is the closest that I can come up with and they are not too bad to me.

5. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Stigma, as in social stigma. Girls who went around with Americans got lumped with that certain crowd. When she is identified as such, her chance to marry a good Filipino man is lessened. This was true then and to a lesser extent true now.

I am not making excuses, neither am I qualifying whether what goes on is good or bad. I am just telling you how it looks like on our side of the fence.

6. 12pachuco18

12pachuco18 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is better to trust a dishonest person for you know when the person to be dishonest rather than trusting an honest person for you do not know when he/she would be dishonest.

7. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18

"marry a good Filipino man" ......

Well, most of the Filipinas I have met will tell you that they feel there is little to zero future living here in the Philippines.

So, what's it going to be for 90% of your average Filipina if they had to choose between a Pinoy Trike Driver or a "Rich Kano" ... The "Rich Kano" is like winning the lotto for the young lady and her family! And don't tell me all these good Filipinas are going to all get hooked-up with some "good" Filipino doctor, lawyer or rocket scientist either ... It just isn't going to happen to 99% of them ... so what does your average sweet little Filipina do over here to increase her chances of finding her one-way ticket to the streets paved with gold (and a green card)? ..... She first gets on the internet and tells some Kano anything he wants to hear ... lie or not.

Felisa ... You seem to be a smart young lady ... Lets not use the Filipino Culture card here to explain or validate anything. You know as well as I do, these Filipinas will tell a foreigner just about anything that will help there family and themselves out of what they consider hopeless poverty.

I guess what I just wrote would not apply to the Pinay Movie Star crowd up in Makati, but it certainly applies to the majority of the rest of the 98% living here on less than 350 pesos per day.

And I tuely believe the majority of the unmarried Filipinas here are living in a unrealistic "dream world" of better things to come ... sad but true

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Hmm...I don't know. Maybe that's the case in Dumaguete....but in our circle of friends here - in nearly all of the mixed marriages - the Filipina is an educated professional. A few nurses, statistician, chemical engineer, accountant, managers, etc....all married to Australians with a couple having American husbands. I'm sure it happens a lot more than you think....particularly in the bigger cities.

9. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sorry, I am no young lady, I am a grandma 4 times over. I have been born and raised in Negros, but have lived in the US for years.

All I wanted to do is to let you see that not every girl in the Philippines is as desperate as you think they are.

A lot of them are college educated and are capable of of getting to where
    the streets are paved with gold on there own merit and land good jobs wherever that is. They don't need a "kano" to marry them to get there.

Some have chosen to remain here, and are doing all right. It maybe a struggle but it is not easy living in th US either.

These girls are not likely to marry pedi-cab drivers. Yes they do marry landowners, doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers etc. They don't live in Makati either. They are all over Negros. You may not have met them because you live in a different world from them.

Yes, there are a lot of poor people here. but look around you, not everyone is wallowing in poverty!

There is no way that the girls you meet or marry represent 99 % of Filipinas as you cited.

Funny, but among us we look at you guys with sympathy because you probaby live here since you can not afford it in your own countries.

This is just the viewpoint from the other side of the fence.

10. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Well, Felisa ... In my case, I am not living in the US because I am too poor. I am a retired pilot with both a military and civilian retirement pension. And I am not living from paycheck to paycheck either ... You see, there are actually some expats over here that are not either too poor to live in our own country or running from the law back home. We have other legit reasons for retireing in this country.

As far as the circle of Pinoy friends I have here, the majority of them are in fact educated proffesionals. I learned a long time ago that having Pinoy friends that are unemployed or underemployed will usually look at a foreigner as nothing but a walking ATM machine, and I can assure you that I am no bank loan officer! You will find that also pertains to family members of many Filipina wives. The expat married to the Filipina in many cases just becomes "The Gift That Just Keeps On Giving".

Your right ... Not all Filipinos are "wallowing in poverty" ... only about 80% of them. And that's why I stated that so many of the women you meet over here will tell a foreigner just about anything to get out of this place ... Remember, this whole thread is titled "LIERS".

BTW ... My wife has a BS degree in Computer Science. That 275 pesos she made per day before we got married did nothing at all to help her out of a what I would call a sub-standard quality of life.

Seems like you are enjoying your lifestyle there in the US ... must be alot better than living in someplace like rural Samar ... now isn't it

So, please don't look at all us expats in your homeland ... "with sympathy because (we) probaby live here since (we) can not afford it in (our) own countries".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.