Dumaguete Info Search

liers

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by weena, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Rhoody, your observation is so true! I grew up in the Philippines, I have traveled the world, lived in the US, and unfortunately your observation is true with very few exceptions.
    Also noticed only in the Philippines that when somebody wins, i.e. in a card game, lotto etc. that all the neighbors go rush asking for "balato"
    or if somebody goes home from abroad all the people who before do not give a hoot about you shows up with all their drama and the need for financial help.

Women lie more than men.

2. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    And for the most part, Filipinas are masters at it!

3. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You are right ! Not everyone is in the same boat. We all live in different situations. I did not mean to generalize about the expats. Sorry.

No, I do not come from rural Samar . My husband and I are both back in Negros Oriental, in my hometown. . He is a retired Professional Engineer and I am a retired licensed pharmacist. We both earned our degrees here in the Philippines.

We are now happily retired in our ancestral home, doing organic farming in the farms we inherited from our folks. We are very happy where we are.

I am in this thread because the Filipina was labeled as liars, and I did not think it was fair nor did I think it was right for me to just take it.

Otherwise , I do enjoy reading this forum .

4. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well I can just talk for Holland I guess (I assume the word has the same meaning in English as in Dutch) and we are talking about prejudice(?) it has nothing to do with my personal opinion.

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I think you're right in some respects....where you're wrong is the level of opportunity in the Philippines and the ability to leave the country with a job commensurate with one's education and abilities. We both know there are stores with college graduates folding clothes and others flipping burgers at fast-food outlets. Or leaving to be a child-minder/maid in the Middle-east - complete with fringe benefits...like being poked by daddy, and his teenage progeny. It's the very lucky ones who leave the country on their own steam to a job they aspired to. A small portion....

Recognizing how the odds are stacked against them if they stay....there is still a growing and vibrant middle class in the country anyway. And a growing upper class too. Can't say much for Dumaguete....but certainly in Bacolod both classes are well represented. My wife's family is doing ok...some spectacularly ok....She has many life-long friends and an army of relatives there and some are very well up the food chain - including the top. It's amazing to visit some of them and see homes most Arab princes would be proud of. But even the middle class is living reasonably comfortable. Even more amazing is the absolute pleasantness of knowing them all. It's fantastic. No BS and no hassle....no need for them to think of endless mindless schemes to weasel a few pesos out of us. Just good times and great fun. I like that 'different world'....you got that right felisa!

6. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Felisa Gil, you are one of those Americanized filipinas that have been in America so long that you have forgotten where you came from. Some of you state side filipinas were rejects of your own country. You could not make it in your own society and here you have the nerve to talk about expats. How dare you !!! I bet you are one of those filipinas that could not fit in or function here anymore if you came back to the Philippines to retire. We expats worked hard all our lives. Most are retired getting a pension, some are disabled and can't work anymore and you judge us. We paid our dues in society and in life and deserve that palm tree in the back yard and the filipina maid bringing us a san miguel beer at the table. We expats have also created jobs for the poor and forgotten. Think about that before you judge expats. Felisa, you have already offended some people here by your statements. The best thing you said here was that you are sorry. Felisa live your quiet American life and please shut up!!!

7. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

8. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well good for her she dared, it is a free world and people should voice their opinions no matter what tbh

Besides she is sort of an ex-expat (she has already retired to the Philippines) and they give interesting insights/perspective I always feel.

Well everybody should lead his life like he wants, who cares what others make it of it, it is none of their business.

9. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well. Maybe I misunderstand, but wasn't this tread started with "why are some guys born liers?it sucks!!!!"

Do you then feel strange when you get a answer to that "propose"

So then we maybe can agree that LIES are more something not so related to if you are male or female.

And as a average Pinoy you absolutely have a bad case calling others a liar.:(
    Absolute in favor of the religion they seems to please.

10. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Isn't it funny how some people go abroad make their fortune and when they come back they look down their nose at other locals and also foreigners.You know the ones that can buy property here,collect social security from another land but retire here. Charging foreigners more than others and claim they lived abroad and still go back to the old way of a 3 price system
    1 Filipino price
    2 Foreigner price
    3 Japanese price
    And feel pity for us all because we have to live here because we cant afford our own country. Because us in the west think equalty we share our benifits with you,allow you to buy land let you become citizens and in the end there is not much left to go around because we shared so the next time you feel pity for us or look down on us you really should be thanking us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.