Dumaguete Info Search

Life along the Dumaguete Bay

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Rev. Robinson, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Reverend; good for you for chewing his butt. It was a terrible thing to say that they are lazy bums. I'm pretty sure he is an expat just dropping by to post negativeness on people he sees, in photos, relaxing. Thanks Rev.

2. otis-onal

otis-onal DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    totally baseless

Luzuriaga, you maybe true to what you said but you're unfair judging people from those wonderful pictures taken by Rev. Robinson. Think 7 X 79 before you comment. These people in reality might be happier than you do. Federal educational funding my @ss, why not share your success if you think these are less fortunate kababayans.

3. Laguna Piñero

Laguna Piñero DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very nice pics :smile: It reminds me of home. I was just there a month ago, it was the best vacation ever. Anyways, keep up the good work. Cya!

4. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hey Reverend, looks like I missed your pics, great pictures, as usual. The one pic showing people scavenging at low tide is similar to some of the pics we took at Siguijor. Hope you don't mind the addition.

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Very nice shots. I have not made my way over to Siuijor yet, but I will have to go there some day soon and get some of these shots with the mountains in the background and take some pictures of the city as well. Thanks for the update pictures.

6. West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks! After reading your photog background, that's nice to hear.

It was really nice, we didn't have a chance to explore the island, since we were basically there to enjoy the beach resort. But it sounds like theres a lot to see over there, beaches as well as inland. And Negros looks beautiful from there.

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks for posting this pic west coast. :smile: This is what I missed in my life. When I was 10 years old back in Dumaguete during low tide we picked up shellfish and "salwaki" (sea urchin) the ones in the picture. Your wife I'm sure would know these kind of shellfish. Sea urchin is a delicacy very expensive. They sell out in the market just the meat without the thorny shells. :smile:

8. West Coast Hokies

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    There were quite a few people out there searching for that. The teen that gathered that explained to us how he regularly goes out and searhing.

Now, you call them "salwaki", but my wife called them "tuyom", like one of the board members here. Same meaning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.