Dumaguete Info Search

List of tourist attraction

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Rye83, May 7, 2013.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've recently acquired a bus (16 seat) and a 4x4 multicab truck (will be converted to carry 6-8 people plus food/drinks and might even install some mounts that can hold a motorcycle in the front and back). I also have accumulated a variety of motorcycles in my time here. I am starting a tour business (standard beach/hot spring/waterfall tours).

The problem is I know very little about the tourism here. I've been to one waterfall and a handful of beaches on Negros. I need a list with general location of tourist attractions in Negros/Siquijor/Cebu Island. Off the beaten track that a 4x4 multicab could access would be awesome. I'm going to advertise two types of tours; bus tours that are easily accessed by that type of vehicle and an adventure tour (sign the dotted line saying I'm no responsible for death or serious injury).

I would appreciate any information along with some pictures if possible.

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

3. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

4. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

5. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Attached Files:

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Great pics sherwood. Much appreciated.

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has anyone been to the Negros Chocolate Hills?

8. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    everyone knows about the Twin Lakes but less well known is Lake Banalan 10km outside Siaton. That is a nice spot but with better amenities than the Twin Lakes. Decent restaurant, swim hole and a hotel which while it is a bit expensive and with redundant aircon, is not bad value considering the quality of the rooms. That would be an OK place to camp too, not too hot as it is elevated. You could devise an excellent day tour involving snorkelling at Tambobo bay together with a trip to the lake.

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, never been there. I was afraid it was just like twin lakes, which pretty much blows @ss for anyone who grew up around lakes in a western country. Sounds like it's better though. Tambobo was already on the list. Landlord owns a resort there, I'll try to work something out with her for bringing customers. The really cool stuff looks like it is up near San Carlos, Sipilay and in Occidental. That's a long trek on a multicab.

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What I was originally planning looks like it won't work (isn't that how it always goes?), sh*t is just too spread out here. Looks like simple day trips won't work, will have to work some stuff out with hotels/pension houses. Means I need to get off my arse and go take a look around myself. Forgot what it was like to do touristy crap. Blah.