Dumaguete Info Search

List of tourist attraction

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Rye83, May 7, 2013.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    got one of them Honda odesy 350 one seater, best fun you will ever have.

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just an update on the road from mabinay to bayawan, there is a new bridge being constructed at the first watersplash,quite a sight to see as the scaffold is full size tree trunks,either side a new road is also being constructed. The rest of the road is well under way for concrete,there are still bad sections but it is 100% better than 12 months ago.
    Stopped by the caves on the way only to find no guides there due to an earthquake last fri, eventually found a guy who was the gardener who we persuaded to let us into crystal cave with a few peso.

3. Alika

Alika Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am tourist and travelling is my pension. Few months ago I went to span with my friend. We saw many beautiful places in span like” Fistral Beach” it is very gorgeous beach and I also saw “Weymouth Beach”. We had a lot of fun there.

4. Alika

Alika Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am tourist and travelling is my pension. Few months ago I went to span with my friend. We saw many beautiful places in span like” Fistral Beach” it is very gorgeous beach and I also saw “Weymouth Beach”. We had a lot of fun there.

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    How can anyone be banned after only 3 posts when one was doubled up! :smile:
    I was just about to say it sounds more like Devon and Cornwall UK than "Span":wink:
    Just going to find the 1st post now, guess there is a reason......JB

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Fistral beach is in Cornwall, and Weymouth is Dorset! Just more spam.

7. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Oh rrrrrrrr Thanks for the correction Davyl Lad
    But still fail to see the reason for the bann apart from spelling mistakes, in which case we would all be banned :cool:

8. Mod01

Mod01 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    some posts were dleeted before anyone saw them yes there reason

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Red Rock Hot Spring / Red River Valley Falls

Reviving an old thread as the topic is appropriate.

Went to the Red Rock Hot Spring and the Red River Valley Waterfalls today. It was surprisingly nice considering it is only 12 km or so from down town Dumaguete and the entrance fee is only 20 pesos per person for each of the hot springs and the falls.

To get there: Start at the beginning of the Dumaguete - Palinpinon road. (see your google map - starts at intersection of Larena Drive) Follow that road all the way. Measure 11.5 km from the beginning and you will find a very good sign to direct you to the right. Less than 1/2 a km up the side road you will see the Red Rock Hot Spring and a further 1/2 km or so you will see the Red River Valley Falls.

The road ranges from acceptable to good except for one small section near the Hot Spring. Easy to get there on a motorcycle or multicab. Steepest part is the 1/2 km from hot springs up to falls so you could walk that if you have an underpowered multicab.

The drive was only 20 minutes each way and I don't go fast.

10. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Perfect timing Dave , we are heading home there may/june , and have 2 other families from aus coming to spend some time with us as well , we will essentially be based out of my house in Tanjay , but will stay a couple of nights in Dumaguete , so any worthwhile day trips will be appreciated , are the Mabinay caves worth the trip ?

Tony