Dumaguete Info Search

Little Snatchers at the Boulevard??? A Warning..

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by elainedarkrock, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was dinning out with a friend at the boulevard, at the open area where you can buy grilled foods and beverages when suddenly a little boy around age 8-10 years old ask for some left over foods that we have, then my friend gave her fish, while i gave my chicken as we felt pity for him thinking that he didnt eat yet, while she put her phone on the table infront of her. then later on she noticed that some more boys walks around our place. then the boy that we gave food warn her to keep her phone in her bag, as she is already doing it. then we saw the other boys sat beside him, getting mad because he warned me friend about those little snatchers. (she just translated it to me coz i dont understand Visaya).

then we paid our bill and try to find some police men around and luckily we did.
    we reported about the incident and they told us that its only an isolated case. but still they have to do something about it. they look un-alarmed about the incident. we're just hoping that nothing serious will happen to others.

2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Thanks for the warning but you run into much larger "child" gangs in Cebu than you find in Dumaguete. Perhaps this is part of the same troupe and they are expanding their territory and exploring fertile ground.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Hope Not!

:eek: Crisky Pedro! Dgte child gangs, are shooting each other just now. If this is prevalent in Cebu and if it is, an offshoot, Things need to be Sorted Now! Our Murder count is High enough. How do the Police, in Cebu cope with this sort of behaviour?

Jack P.:o

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Curfew!

:confused: Elaine, you do not say at what time of night, you encountered this. You just said Dining. If it was before 10pm then I can Understand this happening, If, However it was after 10pm then, Once again, the Curfew is Not Working, Something, our new Mayor promised, would be looked at, with haste.

Jack P.

5. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    it was around 8:30-9:30 pm. We didnt expect that would happen and when we reported it to the Police Officers that we found that time, they just told us that it was an isolated case and they didnt seem to be alarmed (which they must be coz they're many of them). We just transferred to Hayahay after that.

6. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Considering the huge disparity in wealth amongst the denizens of the nighttime boulevard, I'm amazed there isn't a lot more crime then there is now.

Having said that, let me respectfully add,

In a public eatery, here like anywhere, your cellphone should only be in your hand or a well guarded pocket.

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    In a public eatery, the damned phone should be switched off, out of sight, and not switched on again until they have had the good grace and manners to leave the table, and be out of earshot of other diners.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Whilst a little diversion, from the Thread in the main, I have to agree Roger, Last Week, Azon was at a Wedding, I normally ring her about 3pm PI time, at the Weekends, She said Sunday, OH! you never rang me Yesterday Afternoon, I told her, That it would have been in the middle of the Wedding Mass, OH! was the reply, Phones were ringing all the time, it would not of mattered. :mad: This I find the Pits, I know we are the older Generation but I find Mobile Phone are just an intrusion to Bystanders. Emergencies Yes, Chit Chat during a Wedding, Dinner or whatever, a big NO! What did we do before the Onslaught, of these d*mn Micro Chip Little Monsters. They have their place, they are important at times But need to be controlled, mine, as all, have a silent mode, Vibrating alerts. Ear pieces. No need for table top Condiment table top additions.

Jack P.
    (Sorry, it is a pet hate of mine, No Consideration for others.)

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Probably, they had countless Reports already, undermanned no doubt. 4 Police men? 30 Children. Lets stop a Motor bike and check his papers, it's an easier task!

Manz, have to agree with you on this, In fact, we rarely go to the Boulevard now after 8pm, I am even surprised there are no tents pitched, for the Night shift. What ever happened to the Tourist Police, they came, they were seen and now disappear. Do they only work Office hours?

Jack P.

10. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I wholeheartedly agree on that also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.