Dumaguete Info Search

Living in the PI.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jack Peterson, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Ha a nice thread true. Please do not forget to post about any Murders, Robberies, Swindeling,Corruption, Bad GF,Bad BF,Bad Wives,Bad Husbands,Bad relatives, Bad food, Bad Weather, garbage etc etc. Just news not negativity. I am looking forward with all my heart to the future when I can retire to those wonderful Islands called the Philippines. No offence intended and kindest regards to all.

2. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The U.S. is a hard place to live now.The economy is a very big problem.I have always liked it here and do not plan on returning

3. lonedove

lonedove DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be going back to the U.S. this coming March and it will be the first time in 6 years that I have been there.
    The main reason is for a hip replacement, but it all so gives me a chance to visit with family and friends.
    I would get the hip replacement done here.. but I have done that here and paid out approx 300,000 peso.. but the doctor turned out to be a quack.. and rather then pay someone else to redo the mistakes of a quack, I will be going to a VA hospital in Las Vegas where I can get the surgery done under my VA benifits as I am a 100% disabled vet. Im no looking foward to that long flight over and back thou lol. And if I can it will be for a short visit only as I much prefer being here in the Philippines.

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Bon-Voyage!

Lonedove, have a safe trip, Hope all goes well for you and you can return a heathier and happy man.:wink:

Jack P,:smile:

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Lonedove, don't know if you got your tickets already....but...an American in the Bacolod subdivision where we have some lots, had a motorcycle accident over a year ago. He had a complete hip replacement as a result, in Bacolod, and he's a happy camper now....been singing the virtues of his treatment there. I'm sure he can tell you his obviously competent doctor etc. Very happy with it. Anyway, your hip and your travel plans, and really hope it goes well for you - LOL I'm probably just a few years away for one myself - but if you want his email address you can PM me...Good luck and all the best.

6. Brucewayne

Brucewayne DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why not use the Manila or Guam facilities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.