Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Local airline stupidity

1. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    one better

if your domestic flight is also a connecting international PAL flight here is a sweetener for you
    if you check in in dgte and you get both domestic and international tickets, with your bags checked through to your final destination, then your filipino citizens travelling with you, don't have to pay the philippines travel tax, as you dont check in for the international flight in manila, you already checked in, no one will ask you to pay, immigration will just let you through as per normal, (the desk check in operators are bound by law not to release the ticket until you show the receipt from the tax desk, since you already have your ticket for international, your good to go )my wife did not pay the tax for our last 4 trips and no one ever asked

this does not apply to cebu pacific as they require you collect your baggage in domestic and check in again for international, so you have to pay it as you have to get your ticket for the international leg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I was booked out yesterday morning Monday on Philippine airlines but was not able to take the flight.. My return was scheduled for today... anyway went to change my ticket since the return portion was not used and said instead change my ticket to depart Dumaguete on Wednesday with return on Thursday.. Now it gets seriously ridiculous. Yes sir with penalties and missed flights your new price is 8,000 peso's +- to use the old tickets and update. Wow how come so much?,,well your return ticket is not valid since you missed your departing flight and both tickets are booked under the same ticket number??? Ok and then---- bla bla bla. Can you book me a new flight for Wednesday and return on Thursday, Yes sir,, ok how much is it.. 6,200 sir round trip.. Ok sir, but this needs to be paid before 1 PM today. No problem..Sir are you sure you just don't want to rebook your old tickets.. Anyone who says there is common sense here doesn't get out much at all..or must think that foreigners here are all completely stupid.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Wife and I had a very similar experience with Plane Always Late, about 7 years ago. Having already learned why they are called "Plane Always Late". I booked a flight to arrive 22 hours before my international flight. After 8+ hours of delay Plane Always Late, canceled our flight. To late to get another flight that day and a 06:00am international flight, just 11 hours away. The scramble; Petty cab to Sibulan, Ferry to Cebu, Bus to Cebu City, Cab to the air port and now it is 12 midnight and international flight just 6 hour away. Bought CP tickets on their 01:00am flight to MNL. This flight delayed also. Got to our international flight just minutes before boarding. After the all night scramble we both slept for most of the flight to San Francisco. At Washington DC at the start of our return trip I got an email from Plane Always Late, stating that our flight from MNL to DGT was changed to a flight that departed MNL before we would even arrive in the Philippines. Upon arriving in Manila we were informed that we had NO ticket because we were a NO SHOW. I bought two more tickets to Dumaguete. I went to DTI for help and was told that they could NOT help because Plane Always Late did not fall under their jurisdiction! After a bunch of emails Plane Always Late stated that my money would be refunded to my CC. That refund NEVER arrived not even a single centavo! Plane Always Late ripped this disabled senior for two round trip tickets between DGT and MNL and caused us to lose our money for two nights stay in the Remington Hotel near the MNL airport.
    It's more fun in the PI. I learned my lesson a long time ago that Plane Always Late is SO POOR that they have to resort to stealing from disabled seniors.
    I still have all the paper and emails from this vacation nightmare.
    Thank you Plane Always Late for the $350.oo lesson. I hope you put your ill-gotten gains to good use.:finger:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    Both local airlines in terms of domestic flights are strictly point to point carriers from A to B, if you dont show up for a flight you are a no show (END OF STORY).......Why any comfort loving foreigner would fly international with CP, needs their head examined, they have their rules and good luck trying to convince them other wise, not that the other local airline is much better in terms of problem solving or offering refunds in most cases

I learned a long time ago through harsh experience, I fly a lot internationally and i just now give myself 2 days between my domestic and international connection, first time i got burned was an 8 hour connection between landing in and leaving manila from dumaguete, plenty of time (or so I thought), that was just a single passenger, next time it was the was the wife and me got burned for both tickets..............now I just give myself a clear 2 days between international and domestic

• Like Like x 1
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    NEVER NEVER EVER get upset with a customer service rep who is only adhering to the company policy. I was once talking to a woman at an event who said she changed jobs after several overseas callers made her cry by yelling at her. preposterous. Ran into the same as andiflip trying to change a Cebu flight by two days. Also cost thousands extra, baffling....

And do I understand that stopping or changing planes in china even before corona requires you to get off the plane, go thru immigration, go thru emigration, and thus miss your flight by a few hours of standing in line ??? Why would anyone go thru this to save a few bucks. The stress will cost hundreds in medical costs...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    The airline industry here does not accept responsibility for the problems caused by other airlines during your trip. Case in point: Flying overseas from United airlines, there was a delay during our stopover on Beijing. Since we had to fly to Dumaguete from Manila, our late arrival in Manila caused us to miss our reserved tickets from Manila to Dumaguete by about an hour. So, we had to get reticketed in Manila. As far as Philippine airlines was concerned, we were “no shows” AND subjected to high penalties. Usually in the West, airlines will, as a matter of courtesy, forgive the no show because it wasn’t the passengers fault. Be aware that the same as not true with either PAL or Cebu Pacific! Not unless you booked the whole flight together, which is not usually the case with Philippines domestic legs. And when your luggage is inevitably delayed in these cases, the passengers are responsible for dealing with it with no help from PAL or Cebu Pacific. Delays are fairly common on international routes so it is good to know this ahead of time. In our case we will in the future always look for flights to Cebu and just hire a van to Dumaguete from there. This is not to complain, just realize that the domestic airlines here will take advantage to profit from other airlines’ delays, unlike the type of service you may be used to in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 2