Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Looking for simple gettaway spot.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by ChMacQueen, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you have a gf or wife with you.....getting drunk alone there is risky. Watch out for the ladyboys.

2. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd be with my lady and we don't care about bars. Just want a nice beach resort sort of thing with maybe a couple water activities. Our relaxing isn't sitting and drinking a couple pilsens but swimming and maybe a few fast water sports if available for a non insane price. hehe. Sipalay is what we decided on though I think as its been someplace I forgot about the lady pestering me to go a year or two ago.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hope this advise is not from experience :2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For some reason I was expecting somewhere on Siquijor to be suggested. Thought I saw a few places there that met your requirements. Am I just wrong or are places over there overpriced?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nobody can prove I've ever been to Moalboal....so, the answer to that will remain a "no" just as it has been for the past 4+ years. :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Hi, might not be your bag, but me and the good lady dash off to Apo for a few days r n r every now and again. Coco Grove have a few rooms on a beach there - and you can book through them. The drawbacks - definitely no banana boats, the menu hasn't changed in years and is rather repetitive, no electricity and no running water. Sounds like hell to some for sure. But the second floor rooms catch the breeze, the diving is fantastic, the solitude and quiet amazing. The staff are helpful and will carry your jerry cans at any point of the day or night. Last time we stayed there some big wig vice governor from somewhere had the room next to us. Lol, they insisted on an armed guard courtesy of the PNP 24-7. I wonder what they had done :wink: Made for an interesting lamplight dinner conversation with said Governor surrounded by a machine gun nest.

Lady Guv: Do you come here often sir?
    Me: yes ma'am every year. My asawa and I need the break from such hard toil. This is me time. How on earth do you get me time when are surrounded by such security?
    Lady Guv: But Mindanao is so close, you are in danger sir.
    Me: I'm in danger of nothing more than dying of menu boredom, a rum overdose or the sexual excesses of my wife ma'am, a better way to go I can not imagine.

(Conversation suddenly died, the wife thumped me, but the looks on the Pulis' faces were worth it)

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    We've done the Siquijor round but could stay there for a night sometime or other. But Sipalay looks nice in pictures and it will cross off one of the todo's my fiancee wanted to do so I get extra points for fulfilling that desire. Kind of two birds with one stone sort of thing.

I also tend to like electricity while can do w/o internet for a couple days. Having the option of a latenight nonsense on tv is good as well. Neither of us dive as well but I like snorkeling but she's not into that.

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We went to sipilay in 2012 for a few nights,it was nice but I found it boring after the initial day. There was little to do except sit around and drink and eat!
    We stayed at sugar beach,if we ever went again I would try the south side resorts where there are some nice coves.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    ChMacQueen

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Thanks for the tip Davy. We are only planning for probably 2 days I'm thinking. Just to sort of feel like we were actually able to do something during the lady's very short summer break inbetween summer classes and 1st sem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Always wanted to try this place out someday also! Not far from sipilay.

The island is 1.5 kilometers long and 0.5 kilometers at its widest point, has 5 lagoons and is covered with limestone forests providing asylum to many wildlife species that struggle to exist in the mainland.

What once used to be a threatened and over-fished area is now a protected sanctuary with a dazzling array of marine and terrestrial life. Today, the island serves as an outdoor classroom for students, a research area for conservationists, and a haven for tourists eager to experience nature at its purest.

Danjugan Island is a project of The Philippine Reef and Rainforest Conservation Foundation, Inc.

Danjugan's five lagoons, numerous coral reefs, and vast limestone forests provide asylum to many wildlife species. Danjugan Island Philippines |