Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Looking for simple gettaway spot.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by ChMacQueen, Jun 2, 2016.

1. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    So that was you Wry?? :biggrin:

Disclaimer because this was in 2010, but I stayed in a place called Blue Orchid Resort. Nice place with pool. It's north of Moalboal proper, but you can get a tricycle from there to Moalboal if you want to check out the scene. Back then a guy name Michael McCavish owned it (adept77@yahoo.com). He was very helpful via email. His wife/girlfriend was managing the place as he was somewhere else. There is no beach in front of the place, but there are some tide pools. White beach is about 100 yards south and was nice back then. As I recall it's a public beach, so you will some locals on the weekend.
    The Blue Orchid Resort Cebu, Philippines: Agoda.com

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nope, must have been someone else, I'm Wrye, with an "E" on the end. :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    My mistake. :o o:

4. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    Hi. If you want simple then you need to just drive south out of Dumaguete until you pass Bayawan.. and along the road to Basay you will find some simple to less simple b&b hotels or whatever you want to call them... if you are on bike it is a nice drive.. 130 km or so.. the most less simple..Funtasea.. has a/c bungalows and a real nice beach.. next door is her uncle/aunt/cousin.. and they have a simple establishment.. by then you will have passed a couple more simples.. the waters there are awesome.. there are some places that have cliff jumping.. but most are private.. i have a place over there so if you want more info PM me.. one thing you should know is that tourism has not moved here yet.. but it is coming.. so if you are looking for a party.. nada.. but.. depending on when you go.. there may be beach concerts, fireworks, parades, mx races...

i love it

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    brokenrecord.jpg

• Like Like x 1