Dumaguete Info Search

Maid/Houseboy?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by jss, Jul 8, 2007.

1. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    How true is this, that every household helpers in Dumaguete residents have to submit their credentials to the police, for record purposes? If anyone knew about this, your input will be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They dont submit anything to police but they usually are asked by potential employers to obtain police/NBI clearance and submit to employers for background check...

3. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have 2 lovely helpers, more like family than staff, I treat them well and I am so glad I found such good ladies. I have taught both to swim and use a computer, it has opened up a new life for them, and I enjoy watching them learn new skills. they are very loyal to me and we have not had a cross word in 6 months, I hope you are lucky in your choice jss, harder to find good staff than a girlfriend ha ha

4. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Eddy,
    Just goes to show, the Golden Rule goes a long way.

5. lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    body guards in the rp???

ummm??? interesting concept... pool boy/bodyguard.. really would make a great mel brooks movie!
    from the news i read concerning the rp... body guard is a fantasy concept in the rp... after 15 years in the business... i wouldn't hire one filipino i've met in the few visits made there...
    ask the mayor of manila??? i think it was the mayor of manila who was shot to death entering the courthouse during the elections in may.
    body guards in the rp... d*mn good idea probably but... where to find one?
    crazy horse