Dumaguete Info Search

Maid Pay

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimB

TimB Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A Job is a Job regardless if you are a Moderator, Engineer, Nurse or a Techer
    and that includes being a Maid. No difference what we do, a JOB is a JOB and we all like to get paid a salary big enough so we can go forward with our dreams! Just my Human opinion.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, sorry t"he Dane", I quit ....
    I need to get a job where I get paid that I can proceed in my "human" dreams...

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    If you can afford it and you are happy with it, then by all means.

You made the money and you are of course entitled to spend it anyway you see fit :smile:

As for rhoode Rhoody - your resignation is not accepted - I should dock your pay for wasting your time writing a resignation!

4. TimB

TimB Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I assume that you responded to my post, and I say Thank You!

I believe in moderation but never underpay...the foreigners should act better than rich filipinos. We all have our dreams.

From one Dane to Another.... Peace!

5. TimB

TimB Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You don't sound RUDE, you are RUDE, because you look down at people, and this is not the first post where I see you doing that. A Maid is as good as you are if not better. As far as washing cloths we are using modern washing machine and a dryer.....no handwash and no cloth lines ever in our household.

Start respect people and animals and you will feel better about yourself, MUCH BETTER!

Have read many of your postings and comments to other posts and I am NOT impressed at all, to the contrary!

I am Danish like your Boss!

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thank you all for your inputs, I see there are diverse opinions on the subject of a household maid. What I glean from your insights is that a lot depends on the relationship one chooses to have with their maid and your trust and confidence and the skill set of the worker. I admire those that can pay p8000 and are very satisfied with their return; while I cannot afford that range, I will offer a fair salary package. Salamat.

7. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I have always started the salary at P1500 and raised according to their performance.

This is the first time I have ever heard of P8000+...I am glad it makes the fella feel better, but you will find that salary is more than most professors earn here in town and his case is the exception not the rule and more based on the employer's psychological needs than it is based on economic reality.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I Concur!

:eek: Just lately our Mod has become insolent along with his aggression, As if he never F...s Up. We all F..k up but most of us admit it.

We pay ours 1750 per month, she is family and of course gets perks as well. As with other posts, BE CAREFULL, they can take over! I have known situations where the Maid inherits and this is PI law in some cases.

Jack P.

9. TimB

TimB Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Clarification..... The person working in our household (Maid) she is also a nurse and therefore a higher pay. Even if she wasn't a nurse I would never allow myself to pay less than 5.000 plus SSS. We respect the filipinas and want them to be happy and live well like we do. Nothing but being a good human being. Affordability, no problem. By the way my proffessor friend at Silliman is paid P22.000/month.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Generally, household help that does not live in makes more than household help that does not. This should be figured into the equation, as room and board is worth something too.

P8000 is more than probably 90% of the Filipinos in this area earns.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.