Dumaguete Info Search

Major Water Problem in Bacong

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jack, Firefly is probably in the Poblacion barangay and apparently they have a different water line. The water bucket brigade had been going up and down the street using whatever well they can find so it is not just my problem. We are using a local mineral water refill station at 25p per bottle, 4-5 bottles a day. We had some rain overnight and a little now so hopefully I will not lose the new planted bermuda. Maybe when I have them drill for water they will strike oil

2. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    ...or steam for another Geothermal:smile:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Just a Thought!

:smile: It was just a thought Pat! You know me, Always looking for answers. Hey,:p if they strike oil can I be your agent on sales??:D:D

Jack P. :wink:

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Jack, firstly, congratulations, I notice a 2nd greenie, well-deserved for all your insightful help you have provided to all of us. At least when I drill a well, I know where my septic tank is located.
    Btw, are you part of the "old boys club"?

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink: I am just One of the lads here. A member of the DI forum. I said it before and I will say it again, To me it is a CLUB and we are all members. Just some out there don't understand team Work and just want to be loose cannons,:D

Thanks for the Congrats!

Jack P.:smile:

6. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sorry but someone are fooled here!!!

General physics tells that to have gravity fed water system, the outake should be lower than the intake. If you have a 65 feet well you can have a Petronas like tower watertank without having a working system. With other words, a pumping device have to be in place.
    And 2,2 bars pressure is needed just to get the water to the surface. What ever size of the tube is.And additional 1 bar pr 10 meter tower.
    I have myself a 200feet well in Bacong with a tower and a "besttank" togetther with a pump. Feeding enough to fill my pool (125000 litres) in tre days. But no electricity means no water( when the Besttank is empty)

Hope you dont feel that I'm impolite. At least it was not the meaning.

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    No, I do not feel as though you are impolite, but I do think you misunderstood my post. Please read it again as I did mention a pump. Water is pumped from the well up to the tanks in the tower. Electricity or not, water flows very well down hill once the tanks are pumped full. Sure the higher the tower the higher the pressure, but considering that the city water pressure is very low, a gravity fed system is about the same! Plenty enough to take a shower, flush, or wash dishes! I've seen and used the result, with absolutely no electricity at times!

8. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well. It seems that we both misunderstand. If you mean that you have access to the water in the towertank/s that is possible. That is also what I mean when i say "But no electricity means no water ,when the Besttank is empty"

Attached Files:

9. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wow that's a huge well in that link you posted tlrtraveler. I have seen some videos on YouTube about digging wells in developing countries by hand. I think they were using 4" plastic pipe and lots of small gravel surrounding the casing deep down.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

The key is to have large enough tank(s). In the case I mentioned there were two of 1000 gallons each! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.