Dumaguete Info Search

Mama Marias Pizza

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by sntmig, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yabs shut your trap. I am sick of your glittering generalities and absolute statements. "the Americans turned pizza into a doorstep...blah, blah blah"

Fade away, richard head

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'm not stating crap
    Americans have hijacked lots of good food and turned it into crap
    Thats a fact not an opinion
    Pizza should be freshly made and thin crust with small amount of topping
    Dominos , Pizza hit etc is not Pizza
    its American junk

3. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My wife and I are trying to make our own pizza. We started by buying the bread at the market and the sauce with mozzarella cheese. We are trying new sauces and we are going to go straight to a bakery now for the bread and also a cheese shop or deli for the mozzarella cheese and grade the cheese ourselves. Heck, I get to eat all the mistakes! Kind of fun too! Hopefully, we will improve in our pizza making!

As for Yabs. Why do you have to have such a negative outlook? You should be happy that you can retire in a year and have a job that gives you so much time off. Sometimes we take too much for granted. Myself included. I dont think that I could ever move back to the States. Think about changing the doom and gloom attitude to bright and light! Ha! Jelly is wearing off on me!

4. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    what are u talking about? i have lived in new york and san francisco and can say that both are food capitals of the world, go to japantown, chinatown, the italian area wherever, u will find great food 'hijacked' from all corners of the world

are you talking about highway diners, fastfood chains that have sold international franchises, packaged food from the freezer. what are u talking about?

re pizza. u will get it hard to find thick crust pizza outside Chicago. thin predominates and as for 'pizza hit', why would anyone over the age of 12 feel the need to state that a fastfood franchise sells sub standard food.

"Thats a fact not an opinion" classic -will make me laugh all day, i looked it up the dictionary and the definition is 'statement of opinion, that is not expected to usher agreement'.

what is with all the negativity? keep us informed, i want to assess a cause and effect synopsis and see if retirement turns u into that grumpy, miserable, old guy on the block?

p.s. nothing personal, i come from a ball busting culture and it takes all kinds of people, but we always throw a gibe or 2 against negativity, because it brings down a conversation, unless it is cut in the bud

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well said,pizzas are just to be done RIGHT,otherwise may as well eat cardboard!

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    what is "Right" is different from taste to taste.

While I love thin tasty crust and high quality toppings (what I consider "real" Pizza) others love the "pizza-cake".
    Many Locals like it overloaded, no matter what the ingredients are as long as it is a lot.
    A good thing is that there is always Tabasco or simillar to give it a taste. With tons of Hot-sauce you can even fix "Magnolia-Pizza-cheese"

Rhoody

7. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The best Sicilian pizza (sort of like Chicago pizza) I ever had was in Boston. Two slices and you are full. Actually, I have never seen it made anywhere else.
    Places for good pizza out here in the Philippines are Mogambos and the Filling Station in Makati. Oh yeah, C's in Angeles City is good too!

Just my two cents

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I've had a few pathetic and ridiculously over-priced pizzas...
    In Italy...

Had many good ones in the US though...here in Oz too...

9. dumaguetelocal

dumaguetelocal DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have good teppanyaki at El Dorado Resort done by a Japanese Chef...
    japanese food with all the works, including Saki...
    A should try....

10. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    can't retire in Dumaguete

Yabs,

Good that you can retire in a year but you won't be able to retire in Dumaguete with Robinson's Mall, McDonalds, crappy imitation pizza and all the negatives you keep cryng about spoiling the natural beauty of this place. Save yourself and us by moving to a place where there is no electricity, running water or commercial ventures of any kind so you won't rant about progress and civilization. I for one, wish you the best and look forward to reading comments in the forum without your bigoted outlook of the world. I don't know what kind of twisted childhood you had to have such a hatred of Asians but you need help.

Chi Town

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.