Dumaguete Info Search

Mama Marias Pizza

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by sntmig, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    C has probably THE best pizza in the PI, only topped by their very own Panizza...

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Most Americans come from Europe, so he's correct I guess.:p

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hehe I guess i got the point, that might be the secret of american pizza, 3-5 month delivery on a wind/manpowered boat from Italy must have indeed a special taste..

4. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you Google "origin of pizza" gives an hitorical essay on the origins of the pizza,goes way back to the romans and greeks.
    Very interesting.....think I'll phone the pizza man now! I'm feeling a bit peckish. he he.

5. stueeey

stueeey DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys and roodey sorry mate im one to complain but I took your advice and purchased a pizza bolognaise last night at mama marias,After I recieved the pizza I looked inside the box and I thought my self maybe they have run out of mince because there was hardly any mince on the pizza what so ever and a there should be bolognaise sauce in the mince hence thats why its called BOLOGNAISE PIZZA!!,of which there wasnt any,I worked in an italian resturant for 6 years and im very much aware of the overheads in making pizzas and mince here is so cheap!It might be the bigest pizza house but im afraid there also the thinest and baldest,I think they should concentrate more on turner over rather than just trying to make a max profit on 1 pizza as they can,But saying that I hope they improve and I would try them again sometime in the future and the owners also seem respectable gents.and like I said maybe there was a genuine shortage of mince that night.

6. whtrahonky

whtrahonky DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rosante's fresh worm Pizza

If you like worms Rosante's is the place to go, was there with the family and my wife lifted up her a piece of pizza and a fresh worm crawled out. Last time we ate there. Also watched kitchen help walk out of bathroom and walk past the wash station. One of the easiest food to make is a pizza when you cant make a half decent pizza its time to close up shop which is what most of the pizza joints here should do.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... what my advice.... :confused: I guess it's my bad english when we met or the beer ... hehehe, my advise is here in bold letters written a month ago or so ...

and here another more polite one on DI... but thats the Dane , just such a niche guy... hehe

I am sure I said Hayahay or Italia, both good pizza but totally different style...

whenever you got rid of that aftertaste your next beers are on me... hehe

Rhoody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.