Dumaguete Info Search

Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto "Firepower"

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Edelweiss reassured me that they have a generator, so the fight will be shown -- thank you, Alex!!!!

2. LarryCummins

LarryCummins DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, it's very iffy. Could go either way. I really don't think Manny has a big head. He's just a very confident guy who has something to be confident about. He's got a great personality which adds to the perception that he's got a big ego. I have Pay-Per View, so I'll miss Edelweiss. But I like the place and the food is excellent. Larry Cummins

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Rick and Sue got lost and a big winner

Edelweiss was as expected pretty crowded, I met some DI members but for whatever reason Rich & Sue must have got lost on the 5 minute ride from their home to Edelweiss.

I would not say that this was Pacmans best fight but he dominated from round 2 on. Coto basically gave up after the 4th round.

One thing what leaves a bit a bad aftertaste to me was the Referee stopping the fight in that situation a minute before the End.

I watched it a couple of times and there was absolutely no need for that. Than he should stop the fight in earlier rounds. In the total-view (not the closup of the stoppage) you can even see that he starts running when Manny's punch hit, but without any sign Cotto going down.

IMHO it was a faked stopppages with some Millions of Dollar Bets behind on a early end not going over the full distance.

Cotto was a brave (even without chances to win) guy and he should have the respect of going through the full 12 rounds...

Anyway, our Member Bikerdave gained some extra attention from the Edelweiss guests, supporting Cotto with loud calls throughout the fight...

His braveness got rewarded at the San Miguel Raffle draw after the fight when he won a nice new outfit for his way home...

Attached Files:

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    congratulations Bikerdave and Manny !!!!

Now you can bring some extra donuts to cell number ending with '154' , Bikerdave !!!
    I'm waiting for you.
    It was quite boring here during the match.
    Even the jailers were watching all the time.
    Congratulation with your winning of that nice outfit. MY outfit is boring striped and much less colorful :D
    Bring that outfit to me together with the donuts, so maybe I can walk out here in it, while giving some of the donuts to them (the jailers).
    Coto was brave but had no chance at all. (the jailers told me :smile::smile:)
    You know I hate boxing :(

5. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are sorry to have missed the live broadcast. We were in Dauin and couldn't get back in time. I'm sure it was fun -- we watched the replay at 2:00pm, which lasted until 4:00pm. Three-minute rounds, followed by eight minutes of commercials... literally eight minutes (I timed it after noticing how long each interruption was).

(Dave, I must agree that you look stunning in your new outfit!)

6. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have seen the replay of the match but did not like the way Cotto looked during the punches. I am not really into boxing, Manny has given pride to all the brown people,so I hope people will stop thinking of another fight using the same boxer. I really think Manny P. should be allowed to retire and enjoy the rest of his life while he is still young.

7. LarryCummins

LarryCummins DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am into Boxing, and I agree with you...he should retire a winner before he turns into another Mohammed Ali when he's 50.

8. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    sorry to be honest, but it really does not sound like that.
    If he stops now, EVERYBODY will tell Manny he runs away from Floyd Mayweather like a chicken from the butcher...

The Mayweather fight would be a perfect ending of his career.
    Pacquiao has nothing to loose in that fight, the only looser can be Mayweather as everybody expects him to win against Manny, So a win would be nothing special for Floyd and to loose a disaster.

9. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Mayweather retired with lots of money in his pocket. Based on an article I read he made $500M from his last two fights. Like you said Guss, he has everything to lose and nothing to gain so why fight Manny, so Manny can make history? again?, No thanks, if he is smart he will ramain retired and let the rest of the world wonder, What if?

I myself would love to see that fight. Mayweather is the only one missing in the puzzle, best illustrated by the attached photoshopped collage of Manny's conquest and amazing rise to the top of the boxing world.

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    retired? didn't he just fight in August ???

Manny better fights Floyd, make some big bucks and "miss" the elections, whoever came up with that crappy idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.