Dumaguete Info Search

Marriage License Process

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Aug 17, 2010.

1. gecko

gecko DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    How to marry your wife

We are moving to Dumaguete in November, and my wife wants to reconfirm our vows in her home town, (Veruela), so her friends can be at her wedding. (when we were married before, it was in the U.S.). Does any one know the process to get a marriage license to marry your wife. We won't be able to provide a letter of availability, (not married), since we both already are to each other.

Thanks

Gecko

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    You don't need a marriage license, you are already married. Simply renew your vows.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Confirming what Shadow replied, the following was found on a '"Living in Cebu" forum.

aerosick
    Administrator

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We did this last January. I went through the Catholic system in the USA to get the "annulments" on my previous marriages. You have your proof of your Catholic wedding, so you are set on paperwork.

We had ours at the Archbishop Palace Chapel (not in church) in Cebu City. Eda has 2 nephews that we supported going through the Seminary and they officiated our renewal. (everyone has a priest relative!)

The papers were the same as a wedding certificate except at the top it was written "wedding vow renewal". This wasn't sent anywhere like the wedding certificate would have been, it was given to us. The ceremony was identical to an original wedding.

And the reception at the Golden Peak Hotel was as "real" as it gets...

Good luck,

Billy & Eda

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Interesting that so many Texans are moving to of all places the PI. I guess that says something about Texas after all.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Maybe one of them will open a tex-mex restaurant with cold coronas.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    seems like the license thingy worked :smile:

congrats

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    5* Dumaguete Recommendation for Marriage

Thank you Rhoody. The process for getting married in Dumaguete is regimented but with purpose; takes patience and perseverence, but not too costly! Mayor Chiquiting kindly came back from a week long seminar in Cebu to officiate the ceremony and we are very grateful to him. Also, Casablanca surprised us with great champagne and d'oeuvres at the mayor's table. Will celebrate beginning tonight with a dinner for just Crislyn and I at Cb and then Fri-Sun partying at a Dauin beach resort with out of town friends including coming back for the Saturday reception.
    I give a 5* recommendation for Dumaguete as a great place to plan and execute a marriage: There are all the marriage services here including wedding planner, seamstress, photographer and videographer, bakery, host, make up artist, , muscians, florists, card printers, give away shops, and reception alternatives. The city of gentle people and the land of beautiful women, this subject is definately a positive in spite of my other complaints about road hazzards.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    US Visa Support Services

Larry, Ifyi, sent you a PM regarding your US visa support services.