Dumaguete Info Search

massage in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by harald2010, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harald2010

harald2010 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Fellow-citizens, :smile: sofar i was just a reader now and then at this forum as I live here from september in Dumaguete .
    As I spent many months in Thailand I missed here "sofar" one of the enjoyments of thailand : a good massage . Had hundreds in several places there .
    So lets try it here too.. To make a long story short::eek:
    Unbelievable ... of course I had not expect to have the massages the same level as they, grosso modo, have in Thailand but what I encountered here..I am still flabbergasted after the last one yesterday .
    I visited several " massage-salons " here, for instance 3 of them in the road behind Camila hotel ( forgot the name of the road) but i would say : better give your money to the beggars next to Lee Plaza because then you do maybe something good with your money.
    to give a few horror examples: the last one yesterday ( 200p one hour, including 10% discount:D) considered an oil massage to be a little vague rubbing of the skin while in the meantime watching her cellphone and using so little oil as if it cost 1000p a milliliter. furthermore staying away from the vital parts at least 40 cm :D .
    A few days before had one who considered an oilmassage to be something that means using 3 drops of oil to rub your back .. and ..thats it :confused:
    Before that had one who almost broke my toes and after a miserable 40 minutes I stopped it all, paid and went away. Useless to comment on it there because they smile and thats it .

PS :1) I know the difference between what they here call " swedish" and " thai" 2) I did not especially come for sex massage or something .. just wanted a good massage.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Harald,
    you are sadly pretty spot on. Massages in Dumaguete are horrible AND dangerous. Special Thai. They have no clue what they do and that can cause serious damage with a Thai massage. Pulling toes, fingers and squeezing the body using stinky left over oil from a Mc Donalds deep-fryer is a far cry from a massage (so you are lucky one that they did not use that much).
    Bending the spine pressuring it directly can bring you in an eye-blink into a wheel chair.

I know that a few years back you could get a good massage at the Atlantis Spa where the staff was 12 month professional trained. I heard Atmosphere wanna build one, but both are in a different price range.

It always make me smile when I hear things like "My wifey likes it there and there". Well that is for sure true but has still nothing to do with a real massage. I found out on my last last try that the verified "pro" who was supposed to conduct the massage was the last 5 years a trained "sorry sir out of stock"-announcer in one of the appliance center here. His massage training was 5 days watching another "pro".

3. OP
    OP
    harald2010

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for your comments Rhoody. So unfortunately I am not the only one with these experiences .. Lucky indeed I did not broke my toes at the big " thai" massage salon at the corner of the street behind Camila hotel. ( can find name and St if someone wants to know )

4. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Ha, ha...I know what you mean. I almost went to that massage salon behind Hotel Camila, one that offers 10% discount but decided against it because the place didn't look like it can offer good service. When we entered, the aircon was off and I saw that the place wasn't clean. There's one place though which gives Swedish-Shiatzu massage near Bethel Guest House. It's called "Dumaguete Therapeutic Massage". Never go to a spa with "Thai" kind of massage because they will surely break your bones there. Dumaguete Therapeutic massage" near Bethel is the only place which gives me that soothing massage.

5. OP
    OP
    harald2010

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    near bethel

Yes, you are right , I was there too, just behind that guesthouse in the direction of Mc Donalds.
    It was acceptable in a sense that they not break your bones or hurt your skin :D..but there is everything, as far as i am concerned, said with.
    As we say in my country: in the land of the blind is mr. "one eye" king. :smile:

6. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Had a massage at Thai Boren across from National Bookstore the other night. I quite enjoyed it. The girl knew how to massage and did a good job.

7. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder why they use thailand massage. Even in Vietnam thailand massage is still popular. Sometimes they even walk at your back to break Some part of your ribs. Its satisfying in some way but the only difference is that there are more pretty girls.

8. OP
    OP
    harald2010

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Can't understand what point you want to make. Are you stating that thai massage is not good or something ?
    I can tell you that when its well performed its a fantastic relaxing experience as the majority of the massage salons in Thailand deliver it . And if its well done by girls who know what they are doing then broken ribs etc etc is out of the question .

9. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have also tried Thai massage across the old National Book Store at the Portal West, and I ended up getting angry. The lady who did the massage didn't know what she was doing and I actually told her that. Any spas with "Thai" in it would include tugging, crumpling, stretching your bones, cracking your toes and fingers, etc.--not my idea of a soothing massage.

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have tried Thai Boran across Portal West and I ended up angry. The lady who did the massage obviously did not know what she was doing and I told her that. I now avoid massages with a "Thai" style because it would include tugging, crumpling, stretching your extremities to all directions, cracking your toes, fingers, twisting your body and neck, etc.---not my idea of a soothing massage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.