Dumaguete Info Search

McDonalds coming

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by vette77, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think McDonald's coming to Dumaguete is a good thing. Its going to bring jobs to the area. As a student I worked in a fast food restraunt when I was in school. If you don't like McDonald's just don't go. I for one enjoy a big mac every once in a while; thats about once or twice a year.
    Junk food is not what is wrong with America or western culture or whatever, its the choice to eat that and not more nutrional foods combined with lack of exercise.

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    RJMERIT ? It seems that you live in QUATAR !!! atleast that is what your profile tells me. So WHAT ?? is so good about MC DO comming to DUMGA for you ?? I meen Robinson is going to hire a 3000 ( according to the webmaster) guys and dolls for the new Robinson Place.. That seems to me a chance for all students atleast to get a nicer ( no greasy hair) and slightly better paid job , right ??
    BESIDE THIS ALL : small kids LOVE the o so atractive plastic "free" toys that MC DO gives in the happy meals just to sell their products. It is not a choice for the FOOD ! that kids make but for the "gifts " Phygology is part of their Mondial marketing . So it is of all companies I hear you think. Yep that is true. But then again it is also part of the Awareness campagne of many companies that wish to open people their eyes and make them aware there are choices to be made.. A greener environment and healthier food.......Preventing overweight causing early Diabetes type 2 and/or cardio -vasculair problems at VERY YOUNG AGE ! is one of the things that we should have on our mind and that of our kids.
    Finaly it is a non-issue to tell that about " eating nutrional food and combining that with lack of execise!! "

3. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Earlmj, yes I live in Qatar but like you I will be moving to Dumaguete.

I guess I don't have a problem with McDonalds because I won't be taking my family there constantly. There are all sorts of things that are bad for you if done in excess and McDonalds is one of them. Like I said before, I enjoy McDonalds every once in a while but having said that, the last time I went to McDonalds was about 10 months ago. If you hate Mickey D's, don't go there. But realize that McDonalds is not the root of all evil. Dumaguete already has a Jollibee and thier food isn't any better for you than the McDonalds.

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I am aware of Jolliebee doing the same thing and their promotion is not any different then MC Do. As a matter a fact JollieBee is even worste !! BUT then again the topic was DO WE NEED a MC DO in DUMAGUETE and my answer , fortunatly with many others is NO. It is not that I am against MC DO , but simply against their unsurpassed arrogance about how healthy their food is ....But then again... the truth would not sell as good ,right !!

5. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do we need a McDonald's? No. Is it a super bad thing? No. Some people will enjoy it and its more employment and revenue for the area. To tell the truth, I'll take our son there once a month as a reward for something if thats what he wants. But thats once a month at the most, not all the time; and then again only if thats what he wants. I really find it suprising how up in arms everyone has gotten over McDonalds coming to Dumaguete.

6. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Check the sugar content on nestle cereals, they do not have much nutritional value and it would be better to eat the box that they come.
    All these big multi national companies spend millions of dollars using television and other advertisings so they can brain wash people into buying there products, but does not mean that these products are any good.
    I think that it is up to people to make there own judgement on what is good for them and what is not,that is what a free society is all about.... IF you do not like a product then dont buy it but also if you want to eat something that is not good for you then that is your choice also.

7. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yeah but nestle cereals are sold as "being healthy"
    obvioulsy they aren't
    even all bran has a alot of sugar in it
    just time companies themselves started to act more responsibly
    they just know that sweet fattening things always taste good to the young
    so they sell better., profit before anything else

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Like those European breakfasts....bit of bread, bit of cheese, coffee and juice...good to go...

9. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I don’t know why many pin pointing fingers only to the McDo and how bad the food is to individual health (because of controversial trans fat and saturated fats) when many processed food stock up on grocery n supermarket the shelves ( or which you probably have eaten today) has trans fats in them.Use of trans fats in food products doesn’t only limit around US food companies but has been used worldwide in many commercial food products.

Even your loved cereals or cheese,biscuits must have it or even simply the brit fish and chips.lols

10. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks GARBONZO , you have my style !! And whole nations have been grown up on Cerials and Cornflakes.either which brand . Atleast my generation did !! Early in the moring also the brains need some "powder food "and the most easy to accept for quick energy release is either Dextrose 6 minutes , secondery is fructose Then Glucose ( SUGAR)15 minutes after which come for medium quick releae other CH like bread , crackers ,cerials and oats that will take mostly half an hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.