Dumaguete Info Search

McDonalds coming

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by vette77, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Diabetes is a big problem in The Philipppines and white rice is the major problem there, SO how do you change the eating habits when people can not afford other foods that are as filling or as cheap as RICE.

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Baz , You hit the nail !! First of all I have already 33 years Diabetes type 1 and give myself 8 or even more times a day a shot with NOVORAPID a short working kind of Humuline from Nordisk. At night one single shot of Insulatard. Which is more common known I do not eat rice , accept sometimes the brwon or wild one. But the Diabetes type two is a result of poor managed diet in the earlier years , to much sweet and so on. For instance in SUDAN , where I lived for some time practicaly everbody over 40 years has DIA type 2.
    It is just a matter that the fields of Langehans in the Pancreas are exhausted and slow down , resulting in less production of insuline. Changing "old habbits " like to much sweets, (CH)the wrong kinds of fat and so on is part of the awareness but it is only recently that these things are available knowledge to the common men. Diabetes results in many cases in Diabetic Retinopathy (Vitrectomy ) ,Cataract and cardio-vasculaire deseases ( Angina Pectoris for instance).. I have plenty of these all "in store " Omega 3 fats , found in fish is extreme healty However I have officail papers here that warn for to much Norwegian salmon. I will not go into details but as result of mass breeding and production it contains 20 times the maximum allowed dosage of Anti - Biotics and is when eaten to much ( more then 100 grams per 6 months carcinogenic Taurine is a major supplement for people that have Diabetes , but also very welcome for "normal " people..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.