Dumaguete Info Search

McDONALDS DUMAGUETE

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by kjigs, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Sorry for such bad experience on your wedding day pjcanuck.
    Few days after our wedding day we brought my inlaws to Boracay then to Manila.
    But it was in Manila , in one of those restaurants in the Manila bay area where my father-in-law had this fruit salad and it all went wrong while on the plane back to uk .He suffered symptoms of food poisoning,vomitting ,LBMs ,and severe pain.It was a horibble trip for them,when they landed in london,he was admitted straight to the hospital.I wish it could have been entirely better experience for them in the Philippines,but it did happen on his last day when he ate that dodgy fruit salad.

Myself not so sure of eating uncooked dishes in restaurants ,salads or fruit salads ,even the known halo-halo.Time living there,I don't eat halo halo ,looks yucky to me ,no offense .I have seen restaurant kitchens (by accident looking for the toilet ) but what struck me were the alarming population of flies in one i saw,flies landing on breads ,and salads veges,and I swear in my life to avoid uncooked dishes
    in restaurants or unless I am assured the place is reliably clean .Otherwise better prepare it myself.Also taking note ,in the Philippines there's no specific requirement from employees to work in food or catering industry get trained on specific food hygiene courses ,for awareness ,guidance and better services .Training seem to differ from each employer,and there's no guiding set standards at all.Again I don't like to be too critical, this only my Pinas ,but it would be nice to have a system where all staffs also working in food establishments are trained at least on minimum acceptable standards set.

2. pjcanuck

pjcanuck DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Part 2 of Dumaguete Salad

thankyou for the sympathy pickled newt, I know you will find the humour in this........I run a pizza place in Canada for a rival company. I know we must meet and exceed government standards..........and we do have a branch that watches over the public........it is called your local health department. By law shortly all food establishements in Alberta will be listed on-line. Soon the public will be able to look at individual health scores....scary but maybe necessary. Only the people not up to code will have problems. I had the salad and I should have known better. Washed in water, left out to dry (probably or patted with old cloth), then cut on cutting board that may have not been sanitised, since it's last use. I am to blame, when travelling eat well cooked food. Watch the ice cubes they may be potential carriers also. If you feel like your stomach has been pushed back behind your butt, " LBS " is a mild word for rear propulsion and it is about 2 hours since eating or slightly more...........then welcome to the club. I was so caught up in the excitement of the occasion that I forgot some very basic rules. Hope this will save some " throne " time for somebody......can't see much of Dumaguete when you are parked on the " johhny". My poor asawa, she agreed to better or worse........I am sorrry we started with "worse". Married the right girl, stayed by my side 24/7.

3. doctormerida1

doctormerida1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fell like they are in usa

gong to mc is an experience that americans get to enjoy every day if they want in the philippines it is a treat if you can afford it most of the people i know have never eaten there because it is out of there budget please remember where you are and be greatful all my love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.