Dumaguete Info Search

McDonalds in Dumaguete City

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    MacDonalds

I used to live in Dumaguete for 10 years but now I live in the States in San Diego. Here in America MacDonalds is everywhere and I eat there once in awhile. I'm wondering why some of the people who live in Dumaguete are so unhappy that a MacDonalds is coming to Dumaguete... Can someone please tell me why it's such a bad thing? To me, its a sign that Dumaguete is growing and becoming bigger. In some ways, thats great but in others, I understand it's not so good (for those that like the feel of a small town). Anyway, it would be great to hear your opinions on this when/if you get a chance. Thanks!

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    its bad for many reasons
    Firstly its sh*te food that ruins peoples lives. Yes I am serious when i say this. I see no difference to your health in eating a supersized meal
    and taking drugs. Both are equally as bad. I like quality so would rather
    see another more classy restuarant. A fresh seafood restaurant for example.
    Again I use the example of Ka Luis in Puerto Princessa
    SEcondly it does indeed show that its getting bigger and more commercialized.
    Thirdly A place loses all its rustic mystiqyue when it gets golden arches.
    It also shows the place is dumbing down. Only tasteless morons past the age
    of ten go there and or Fat americans.
    Macdonalds is sh*te
    end of story

3. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    McDonalds in Dumaguete

Gosh Yabs, why don't you REALLY show your SuperSized prejudices, negative opinions, and bigotry ! Then you and McDonalds will be just alike.

Comparing eating at McDonalds to taking drugs is a childish statement. Anything in excess is harmful, whether it be food, water, or drugs. However, I would rather have a supersized Big Mac meal, then a supersized dose of illegal drugs. One must simply know his or her limitations.

Finally, constantly belittling Americans in your posts is getting old and annoying, probably much like you are in real life. It only shows your short comings and faults by placing every one in a race or nationallity into one group. If you have formed an opinion, than everyone in that group must be bad.

With all the terrorism going on all over the world, it would be easy to place various religious sects or nationalities into being blood lusting killers, but again, not everyone in a particular group is bad.

Lighten up some, enjoy life, and quite being so negative towards so many people, places, and things.

2 blackbelts

4. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yabs, I have to say that you're not really looking at the picture as a whole. You're merely confined in your own little box. I am speaking as a person who is originally from Dumaguete. Who lived there, not as an expat or a rich person. I came from a family who was financially challenged. Seeing any kind of progress in Dumaguete means more jobs for us- the common people. You see, most of us can't afford to go to college so without Jollibee or McDonalds who offer some kind of jobs to college students, it would have been even harder to stay in school. I know that it's not healthy but you know what? Only rich people can go eat at McDonalds everyday and that's the truth. The common people like me could probably go there, once a month if I get lucky. We see those places as a place to "treat" ourselves once in a while. It's not something where we go to everyday to indulge and get super fat. And just so you know, the portions in the states are so much bigger than the ones in the PI. So your reasoning is somewhat misguided. Thanks for the concern though. If you really want to help my community, think of something that will enable students to stay in school. Education is very important to us and any kind of help is surely appreciated. Don't just say bad things about something and yet not offer suggestions to make things better.

5. echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Maybe we can start filtering the participants in this forum? I agree with sheelah, we should not just say bad things or criticize, but offer suggestions as well to make it more constructive.

6. averatec3200

averatec3200 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree to that too... Its those critics that made this country divided:rolleyes:

7. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey there yabs, has a typhoon already hit the mcdonald's where you come form? just a curious thought... hehe

8. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Black belts i apologize if i appear to be slagging americans off
    but forgive me i'm wronmg but I belive it is the yanks who invented the fast food culture. That is why they are the most obese people in the world.
    As for being ok in modeartion I beg to differ. There is virtually no nutritional value in Maccy D's and with a;ll the tans fat and other garbage it is VERY VERY BAD for you as are hard drugs.
    As for enjoying life I do and one of my joys is eating at a rustic nice restaurant eating fresh food, on a warm tropical night with a seabreeze inb my face and a cold beer in my hand. I suggest if you like MaccD's as an adult
    the it is you who needs to grow up.
    As for alternatives for emplyment then again it would be nice to see another fresh sea food place open. Thye believe it or not require staff.
    I think as a city it lacks good restauarants. We already have a glut of sh*te fats food places like scoobies, jollibee and shakeys.
    I dfon't see a MaccD's a sign of growing up.
    i see it as a sign the place is going downhill.
    As for only rich people eatin g there i fail to see that
    they should be more educated and understand how bad it really is.
    It is mainly low class trash that eat it in the west.

9. dumagitnon

dumagitnon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Guys, Is this guy yapping about “ McDonalds construction getting hit by a big storm “ lives in Dumaguete?
    Is he a home grown Dumagitnon or an alien who drinks in the pub all day along the boulevard?

Please let me know

10. rjmerit

rjmerit DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If people didn't want to eat at McDonalds then it wouldn't be in business. Do I like MickyD's? Not really. I don't like black-eyed peas or green beans either. I don't tell people that they can't have them. Yabs, McDonalds is not the end of the world. For your sake Yabs, maybe people in Dumaguette won't go to MacDonalds and then they will go out of business. When I go back to Dumaguette I won't go there, but that doesn't mean everyone else can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.