Dumaguete Info Search

McDonalds in Dumaguete City

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I really do Think that the Dane is being blinded to certain facts

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Just to be clear I don't like Mickey D's, In a weak moment i have patronized the Mcd's in Dumaguete only to confirm yes the food is the same s... as in the US except smaller, colder, and slower service. But I don't blame them for the collapse of civilization, the overall health of the food service industry, or the corruption of Asian culture.

McDonalds is not in the restaurant bussiness, that would be the first mis assumption most people would make.

McDonalds is selling product. The product has excessive amounts of sugar and salt to addict young and old. The marketing is all about attracting children to the funny clown. they hire behaviour modification experts and child psychologists to write their ads. Of course the kids have all grown up to love the stuff, taking their children and grandchildren back for more.

Their lawyers get product placement and signage where they want it put, to attract the largest number of customers. They are skillfull in getting zoning variances and changing local law to get what they want.

I don't like the stuff, but everyone has a choice. Now we have Jolly B in California, that is the biggest irony of all. How can we explain that one? A Philippine owned bussiness emulating the grand daddy of fast food bussinesses, taking it back to the U.S. with even more sugar and sweet french fries than the original.

It's called transnationalism, and once it starts to spread there is little that can be done except b*tch. So I guess my question is do we hold McDonalds responsible for Jolly B going to California? Or does an Asian bussiness take responsibility for it's own brand of fast food. So it has gone beyond American poisoning the world, now it's going back the other way.

3. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    On a different note, I have personally worked at the Ronald McDonald house in Brookline Massachusetts. It is for children with cancer. I dont see too many eating establishments with Ronald McDonald houses or supporting these kinds of places for children. By the way, these Ronald McDonald houses are all over the United States.

Nowhere man (yabs) nicer toilets and service in Asia? Damage caused worldwide? What damage? Ok, what do you do for a living? Work on an oil rig? OIL? By the way, where do you dump your waste from the oil rig or platform?

The best Churchill statement for me is, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

4. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I work on a boat and nothing is thrown overboard and all waste is treated on board before being shipped off onto another boat.
    my conscience is clear there
    as for finding oil then thats a grey area
    one that i'm not too happy about but the world needs energy thats for sure
    it does not need junk food
    Damage?
    how about the millions of people who die of heart disease, diabetes
    and other conditions directly attributable to the crap Macdonalds and other
    places serve? how about the abuse of workers rights, destruction of rain forests, destructuction of the smaller business and animal cruelty.

5. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    But Yabs, if this is really MacDonalds "crap", why is it still given the license to operate its business? I believe at fastfood chains are required to pass through certain test or check-up with regard to what they are serving to the public. If its still operating, then there might not be a problem with there food. Yes, food preservatives are present. Therefore, the main thing is, we eat at MacDonalds should be on occasional basis only; its my personal advice.

Cheers! :smile:

6. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    same reason cigarettes are still allowed to be sold
    big money talks.
    But is it right that they are sold?
    I think not

7. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't worry...Jollibee will be here in flash once Maccas gets a shop.

8. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    you have to realize yabs is, like most of us, expressing his opinion on crap. Mcdonalds diet is high cholesterol, high salt, and sugar. There are no laws against unhealthy food as long as it it is high quality clean etc.

Interestingly I think there are studies that track heart disease in Asian countries and since more western style fast foods have been consummed, the incidence of heart disease has also risen. In the US almost everyone is overweight, it is amazing to have seen this happen in my lifetime. Average portions have doubled, what we used to buy as a soft drink at 7 or 12 oz has now increased to 16-20 oz. bottles of sugar water.

The problem is not just McDonalds but highly processed foods. Frozen entre's TV dinners, frozzen pizza, all this stuff is high sodium, high fat.
    Go shopping in the US and all you see is frozen quick cook crap.

Fresh meats are dangerous to eat in some cases simply because the industry has been decentralized and regulation is weak. The chicken is full of growth hormones. There is no "native" chicken there. Young girls are starting to mature, develope breasts and start menstration as early as 10 and 11 yearsa old, 60 yrears ago the average age was 13.

I would rather buy pork, fish and native chicken at the local market in Dumaguete than in any supermarket in the US. You can watch them kill the pig if you want, can't get fresher than that.

9. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I dont know how the burger taste,but to have a normal sice you got have to have a small childs hands Rhoody.:D

10. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.