Dumaguete Info Search

Mifune – Japanese Restaurant

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    For cheap food there is a new chickenrestaurant in Robinson's:Sunburst.
    In Cebu there are 4 or 5 of them, real value for money, mostly chicken but also fish.
    The big problem in Cebu is the bill, almost always wrong, yes higher than it should be.
    I hope this will not be the case in Dumaguete but a warned person is worth 2.

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2

:d :d :d :d :d

(Why does the forum program take capital letters and "un-capitalize them!):mad:

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sorry, you really seem not to stay here very long and if, not really look around without that much idea about things in Duma, from Lee to Robinson to Houses and Cars... you might see something but you barely see how and why things work a specific way

Seeing your arguments take me not a 2 hour but only a 30 minute walk with you through downtown and a soap-bubble seems like a concrete-block against your points. :D

Even here on DI I don't see many questions "where can I find ...?" Questions which look for something special. Maybe a jetski was one of the most exotic ones. But it is pretty hard to miss balut and bike dealer or doctors.

The business here runs fantastic for locals and people on very low budget. Customer Service needs trained staff, that makes the item more expensive, that let Dumaguetenios and 99% of the Expats go to places where the item is 5 peso cheaper.

You give the perfect example (the pizza) for the prototype of the typical Duma Expat, whatever somebody tries there will be complaints about :wink:

3500 Expats and everybody knows what to do, almost nobody does anything and if one does, 3499 try to tell him how they would have done it much much better.

4. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Try the Dragon roll..

I've eaten here on several occasions and yes, the aircon does work great. I would recommend the Dragon roll Myself as it is very similar to some of the Sushi Rolls I've had back here in California.My only suggestion though is to ELIMINATE the nasty Mayonase They drizzle over it and do what I did: Tell them to give You some sesame oil and chili powder on the side and mix them together, then drizzle that over the top in place of the mayonase. The result is much better.....Cheers

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    .. talking about food.... starting coming monday:

[​IMG]

6. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Rudy,lets go and have the "Onion roast JOINT".( can it be ordered without the onion ??.) Miguel

7. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hahaha... I had exactly the same thought when I saw that and texted Big G ... no reply yet ..haha

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yah, count me in too. I wouldn't mid sampling some roast joint once in a while!

:wink:

Rhoody, I tend to agree with you. When one owns or runs a resto/bar here, they get all kinds of advice, "do this, do that", but when they do it, most of those same people DO NOT COME!

Also the price thing. We charged P80 for a burrito, people complained. "That's more than it costs in California". They will not accept as an explanation that the burrito is made out of meat and cheese, which is more costly and poorer quality than in California.

And just try to put together a function here. They all clamor for it, please do it. But when push comes to shove, they will not help to put it on, nor will they bother to come if you do it to please them.

Larry

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    When in Rome ...

Thats why I tend to say let everyone just eat the local delacacies. You should not be relocating to an underdeveloped region of the world and expect world class products and services. For that, whether you are willing or not, you will be paying more for it. Go to any island in the world and you will find everything is more expensive, it is just the facts of logistics. If you want cheap its a fact you have to live like the locals and eat what they grow and raise. As simple as that. In Dumaguete it is a question of are you there for the beauty and simplicity or are you trying to import your former way of life? More expats really need to exam that question before making the plunge, because you will get wet.

10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Pedro, I have to agree with you. I've tried various foreign style restaurants all over - whether Thai, Mexican, Japanese, French, Italian, you name it - probably gave it a go. End of the day they have all been - at best - slightly disappointing. Even in Manila they are reasonable avatars for the food they try to emulate - but nothing to rave about. Filipinos do great Filipino food though - and I'm a big fan of it, so happy to eat it when I can. I've got no great expectations when they attempt to do anything else. I like Filipino food - and like the prices too. Makes it easy to dine out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.