Dumaguete Info Search

Mister LEE and the Volkswagen Beetle.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by earlmj, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Man, the owner of that place needs to be made aware of what he's doing, maybe someone should file a lawsuit against him. These businessmen have no scruples whatsoever. If that happened abroad the establishment will get a huge fine and maybe pay damages to the affected customer. "mahal mayad kolente" sounds like that mr. lee is a miser, mildly put. Yeah go on earlmj, post his photo man.

2. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

3. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well I know of a OLD yellow Beetle in front of the Sea Forest Resort , that is for sale.
    The one of Lee for Less , is a brand new moddle...
    To be frank with you Ii have never met the bodyguard of the mayor , though I meet him frequently.. Perhaps he does not need to bring him along when meeting up with me Making a picture is not hard , problem is I never bring my camera with me.. Call me stupid !! Perhaps I will get my wife a Cellphone with a good camera in there , but likely the kids will play with it...
    Rest for sure .. I will talk "shop "with the Mayor next week !!

4. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    EARLMJ, this thread is great, i hope more people can read this (less=lee)

I also had a lot to say with regards to LESS and the rest of the insik business as well some pinoy entrepreneur, but more often i find it hard were to start, i hope this is.

per DTI (department of trace and industry), it hop some brave soul would report LESS that they are displaying expired canned goods or substandard products to DTI, and make a fool on trying to cancel the real expiry date.

turning off the electricity at night to just to conserve energy and bills in insanity on LESS (need insider verify).

not paying taxes properly due to government is punishable(should proven on evidence and facts)

now that the EXPATs know now the HOCUS-FOCUS of LESS, i hope you minimize shopping in LESS and try look for alternative store to fit you need, how about buying a meat and other stuff near the Globe in rizal blvd.

5. indiananghit

indiananghit One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After reading all your comments, Im not sure if I should believe it or not because you all sound bitter and should I say stupid? What does Mister Lee have to do with it earlmj?

Have you opened your own supermarket? If not then i think it is better for you all to shut up than assume stupid things like turning off the freezer? Don't you know that the frozen ice will melt and flood the whole supermarket area? It's more costly than the money they will earn from your so called planned selling of expired items...

Re non-payment of tax, if you have proof then why not be a -hero- and report it to the authorities?

You're all a bunch of blasphemers and it seems that you're just envy of the achievements.

I'm a frequent customer of Lee Plaza and had so far not experienced your so called conspiracies to sell fake items.

Robinsons? I'll not be surprised if you'll write something bad in the future about them, just to satisfy your appetite or maybe you're awaiting for them to pay you for some solicited compensation?

Envy will lead you nowhere my friend, work hard to own a LESS!

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Nice post Indi,

everybody in Duma has to go shopping at LEE or Hyper, I try to avoid it as much as possible but sometimes there is no way around, at least the coke light is ok...
    It is fact that there were 5 years expired items for sale and after announcing it they were still there 3 days later. This is disgusting !!!

That is what I expierienced in person !!!
    I don't know if they turn of the freezers at night, I never was there at night, what I do know is that on many frozen items you can see the obvious signes on quite some of them, and If I look at some stuff in the coolers (cheese butter) they don't taste and look "normal" quite sometimes.
    Again just an observation...

So lets talk a bit technically. If you have ice in your Freezer and/or cooler means it is not working propperly. First of all in an indusrtial well maintained freezer you will never find ice. If you have ice in it they don't cool down enough... sounds crazy, but here is why:

• the ice covers the sensor for the temperature...
    • so the electronic thinks it is cold and stops the cooling process, even the temperature in not low enough
    • that makes the frozen liquids (water in meat, icecream, and Ice away from the sensor) melting
    • when the sensor regognizes a higher temperature the cooling process starts again.
    • and then we start from the beginning, just with more ice now...

By the way, I expierienced something like that in a Beach-Resort here in Duma. The beer was ok, but not really cold.I complaint a bit and the owner showed me his stainless steel chiller for the beer, hell of expensive Equipment, but no ice-cold beer. He did not believe the explanation, so I took my divecomputer and put it there for 30 minutes to proofe the temperature is not so low as he thinks... Now they have ice - cold beer:D
    cheers and good night

Rhoody

7. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Just ask the girl who works in the meatshop in Hypermart, and this is the meatshop across from the registers, she will gladly tell you they shut off all freezers every day to conserve electricity...

After that info, I still bought my meat there, but I made sure to buy large quantities on delivery day and freeze it myself.

Go to the main freezers in the supermarket itself and it is pretty evident...

Everything that is supposed to be frozen solid is soft and squishy... NOT GOOD !!!!

Maybe you are Mr. LEE ????

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    If that guy is Mr LEE or what I expect a close friend or relative, he/she/it will make sure that the girls mentioned above are fired faster then LEE ice in the freezer melts I guess its against shop policy to tell that kind of secrets to a customer...

But I guess there are worse things in life than get fired by Mr Lee

cheers

Rhoody

9. filipina42

filipina42 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Alternatives for Less (lol!)

No wonder nothing in the freezer section is even cold during the first hour. I have a few suggestions: veggies at the tiangge near the Hall of Justice on Wednesdays and Saturdays, fish at the public market, chicken still at Hypermart (the Magnolia concession has a plant in Sibulan and they're sticklers for quality control), deli items and some cheeses at Why Not or Monterey@Don Atilano (but their canned stuff looks scary) and higher-quality beef/pork at Monterey@Don Atilano. It's a stand-alone store which also supplies to the hotel. They know their stuff. I don't know the name of the street, but the Valencia farmers' market is on Sundays near Hypermart. Go there for vegetables, too. Oh yes, and Times for the canned stuff, rekado and liquor:smile: I don't know the name of this street either, but it's across the street from Metrobank. Hope someone adds to the list!

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    We all have the same suspicion ,could be Mr Lee or the mistress of Mr Lee :rolleyes:

To Indianang

Will u tell Mr Lee to improve his service at best to costumers and maintaining better standards,he will not have this sort of postings here if people are happy and satisfied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.