Dumaguete Info Search

motor bike mafia

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by govoner, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your comment....I AGREE! Just wanted to protect what is right and wrong...... I gladly pay 10 pesos to every parking lot attendant.
    Have a nice day!

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    :rolleyes:
    I do understand the meaning of extortion, being a Grammarian who hasn't led a sheltered narrow-visioned life :smile:

It's already been pointed out to you that you are not asked to pay up front, and your choice to pay or not is made only when you come to leave the premises.
    Are you physically prevented from driving away if you don't pay ?? No.
    Is your bike clamped until you do pay ?? No.
    Do they Denver-boot your car ?? No.
    Are you surrounded and intimidated until you cough up ?? No.
    Is a pistol held to your head for p5 ?? No.
    So maybe your choice of the word "extortion" in this context is incorrect and inaccurate.

I don't have a wealth of postings as you claim, therefore the bar does not need to be higher for me or anyone else, but in any case there is no kudos or seniority based on the number of posts made. Check out the number of posts I have made in the time that I have been a member and you'll find that in the main, I've confined my contributions to helpful advice where possible, but that's because I regard it as a useful Forum and not a frivolous on-line chat room.

The point that I did make, and now make again, is that in the space of a few short days you have made 30 or so ranting and raving posts all on the same subject. In doing so, you have made disparaging comments towards other members whom you have never met nor even engaged with them in any other form of dialogue. You've been critical, belittling and insulting to anyone and everyone whose opinion differs in any way from yours, and give the impression that your mind-set is the only right thinking way, your interpretation of circumstances is the only logical one and that anyone out of step with you is entirely and completely wrong. How sad to have such tunnel vision of the wider world.

When there's nothing more to be said, some clown usually says it.

3. OP
    OP
    govoner

govoner DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    , but in any case there is no kudos or seniority based on the number of posts made.

then why did you slag me off in your post no 62 for only being a member for a month

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    You were not slagged off. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment on you appearing to give Jellyfish permission to post as often as he liked, elevating yourself to a self appointed Moderator in a very short space of time. Jeez, let you hackles smooth down, and try to see the difference between a throw away comment and criticism.

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Still hurting for 5 pesos, this is really boring, big yawn. Essex boys stop blowing bubbles lol West ham should have been kicked out of the premiership for playing illegal player.( Tevz ) :rolleyes:

6. OP
    OP
    govoner

govoner DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    a challenge

i challenge broadside ,malmo man, appy hammer and all the rest of the nay sayers to park in robinsons car park at the same time of day, and in the same spot for one week. upon leaving each time they are to give the minder a big smile and drive off without paying.
    at the very least they will cop bad language, possibly bike damage and or physical threats, once the minder cottons on to what is happening.

the carpark in robinsons is tightly run by the local mafia, with the majority of money going further up the chain
    if you have a pinoy friend ( i doubt it) ask him to go up their and set up shop
    and see how long he lasts ( it wont be long)

they may be happy smiley guys on the surface but scratch that surface and the nasty underbelly appears.

7. OP
    OP
    govoner

govoner DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

8. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes you accused me the I (as a holiday man) not driving a moterbike in Duma.
    But whatever from now on you are the 5 peso man on this forum and I had fun with your comments to everybody
    This is an item about nothing and you blow it up to stupid proportions and the only reason is that you are a skinflint.
    I think that you will walk away in a bar when it is your turn for giving a SM to your (friends)
    I know that a lot of longnoses come to the Philippines because it is so cheap , but when you have to make a big problem about to give 1 or 5 peso to a local than I hope you can live your live even at the Philippines.

Greetings J.Diver

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Lets set the record Straight here!

:smile: My comment was made as a result of a conversation by my wife's cousin's husband. I said " With the Blessing of the LTO " I made no mention of Any other Agency, TMO or any other at all. At a Wedding on Friday, my Wife's Cousins Husband, Roland Ramos, said he condoned the actions of the bike boys. He had been Following the Thread for a day or so ( If you don't know who Roland is, then it just shows that It is not me that is a Know All but you, who Knows Nothing.) I have lived in dumaguete now for 20years, With my wife, we run 4 businesses and have over 40 employees, we are I think, a little better placed that you to know what is going on. I suggest you collect your Toys up and go and play with the Other children involved with this Thread, Those, That is, who are that are just making problems, I can't and will not Upset anyone other that the main perpetrators. Maybe a Coffee at McDonald's will sort you and the Governor out.:wink: "Sticks and Stones my Friend"

Jack P.:smile:

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :eek: I take it then that you would sooner be ripped of at "WHY NOT" for a 1.000 p rather than pay the 5p to the boy. Even wasting good cash on a Mcdonalds coffee, I guess you must have breakfast there?:wink:

Come on My friend, enough is enough!:smile:

Jack P.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.