Dumaguete Info Search

Motor bike Warehouse

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by warehouse, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Welcome PhilT! I was about to comment to Jack that we had lulled everyone to sleep. Nice picture. Nice bike. I also have had a few spills; none very bad, but I never push anything on 2 wheels to ten tenths capacity. As for being thin in the photo; I'd always been stocky. Sadly, I won't find thin pictures of me. Best I can do is; I had alot less grey, or more hair, then. Robert K

2. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Robert yeah I got white hair now and a big stomach and balding head eyes are going also...I was a good athlete in my day and do not smoke or Drink so I think I am not so bad my ticker is good as the Doc tells me. I would like a big bike in the Phils one day maybe if I live to retire there I think an African Twin or something similar is a good one to have. A freind there had a Harley but he used to cry when it got dust on his precious chrome pipes what a fool! you need to get off the highway on the back roads and tracks to appreciate biking on Negros I have a piece of land on the bacong to Valencia road maybe I could turn it into a motocross course..I hear thats the rage now there? OR more lucrative a Cemetary why have real estate when you can sell a small grave site for thousands? what is a grave now to buy 45 thou? gotta be a winner.

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Decisions, Decisions.

:smile: Hi Phil, you know that I was only saying the same thing to Robert the other day, You need a Fair Lot of land to get the Cob Webs out of a good Bike here in PI. For me I would shelve the cemetery bit for now, Enjoy the Bike while you can. Glad to see you on the thread as it would seem just Robert and me Here. I agree with Robert though, Nice Pic, Nice Bike. We have been talking about Scooters, any remarks on this subject?

Hi Robert, How are you? Did you look at the Daelim and Aprilla.
    I see what you mean about the MP3, Scary ride to begin with I think :eek:

Anyway, Both of you have a Good day Tomorrow,

Jack P.:smile:

4. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Hello Jack. Piaggio makes very nice quality products. That being said; I think they are a bit overpriced. I think there are scooters of equal quality without a famous Italian name for 2/3 the price. I had heard of Daelim motorcycles, but not their scooters. Neither seem to be very popular here. I can't see why though. Probably a case of having to break into a market that is already over served. Robert K

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Commodities!

:smile: Robert, you have hit the Nail on the Head there, Over-served and Over Priced. Like most things in life we have Too much to choose from, When I obtained my last bike (Scooter) I threw a Question to a Google Site, not sure now which one, I just punched in a minimum and maximum Figure and They did the rest. If my memory serves me correct they gave me 25/26 models from varying Makers. I looked at the Mid range and came across SYM! I had never heard of them Before, Now OMG they are EVERYWHERE. I have an Idea though that my Dearly Beloved is about to start the "Are you sure you can still handle a Big Scooter Honey" She rides a Kawasaki 75cc, you know the Norm Street machine, 9 years old now and doing very well, But like you Robert, mmmm Not enough pull when I need to go to our place in Valencia. Not quite your kilos yet but am gaining by the month now I am home. I have also noticed brochures on a new car laying around the House but to date I have successfully ignored them, Don't know where she gets it from he he :D BUT even my 11 year old keeps rearranging them in certain places I will get to see them. Still, I will keep the Pretence up until Faced with the certain Death of my Big Baby:(
    Who Knows I may even have to put in our own classifieds section if these two have their way. Yeah! OK I transgress here, Friday when i finished Working, I went to have a look at the New Suzuki 700cc, WOW! Robert, What a Machine, It has it all, even head to head communicators, On Board radio just like the Gold and Silver wings. As we said earlier, COST! is just so prohibitive, at 540.000 php there is now way am I going to get away with that, Anyway I had a Test Ride so my Dream came true for 20 mins. The Guy in the shop told me they are delivered to order and will only be available from Late October and he had 8 orders already. On the Bike I can believe, on the cost well mmmm Not sure.:wink:

So my friend I have been Summoned to bed, (seems she is cold tonight) How can she be cold in this Heat.

Have a Good Day and catch you soon!

Jack P. :smile:

6. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    PhilT, I'm with you about the less traveled roads. Too many Harley Davidsons and their imitators are garage queens, only ridden on sunny saturdays. I don't know about motorcross in the Philipines, but cemeteries are big business anywhere. I just hope none of us need a plot any time soon. Robert k

7. robert k

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Keep fighting the good fight Jack! You must be made of sterner stuff than I to have withstood this onslaught in silence. I have long observed wives and daughters twisting men around their little finger. You may have to buy a car; but does that mean your big baby will have to go? Perhaps a negotiated settlement is possible? Dare I enquire what car you are getting the broad hints about? No! Better not tell me. I have seen some cars there I like, and wish were available here. As to the 700cc Suzuki; it sounds as if we all would ride one if it weren't for the price. I could think of alot worse things to spend that kind of money on like a sport boat that never gets to the lake or the never ridden dresser Harley Davidson. Better I think a lesser scooter and spend the difference on other things to enrich ones life. Robert K

8. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Jack/Robert not keen on scooters a mate had a Lambretta back in the old days I hated it but it was very fast 175cc I have seen the new peugeot scooters and they are okay but as said in the phils if yu go off road yu are in big trouble! too small wheels and they need a nice surface...rare in Negros! okay on the concrete sectons I suppose. I tried the Honda 110cc auto gear change great for one person but start loading it up and it gets a bit sluggish! tried t get up to Valencia last time with 3 up and had my right hand twisted to max all the way at times needed 2nd gear! The honda in the pic has had everyone on it! all at once! so I got blooded early taking nieces and nephews to school on it! the first time I went into the City alone on it I was ..."shaking" but you soon get used to things. And I like it better on the right as opposed to the UK left system I can switch around no problem as soon as you hit the right system it comes naturally. I never felt in Danger in the phils roads no one gets agressive like here.

Totally agree on getting off the highway you cannot go up and down the boulevard it gets boring after awhile whats the road up to Mabinay like these cdays? I have not been that way for a long time but if the roads are good now that is a terrific ride.

As for grave plots etc well its a thought but the motocross idea is better, I can see the pinoy racing around in the mud in the rainy season oh wait they will be using their cell phones while going around at the same time. My machine around Negros would be something like a Honda Africa Twin or Transalp? depends on what make to get the spares BMW are nice but spare prices would be high in the Phils no doubt someone once told me they had to get a clutch cable for a Harley in iloilo!

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I Wish!

:smile: Robert, Phil, Who ever, I am 62 years old and still a Boy! I know that she is Right, Lola is 90 this year, she needs some Comfort. She has a little problem even Side Saddle. I wanted to buy the new BMW Mini Cooper, Past Posters have explained, and since I have found them true, they are not available in PI, the prefered model is the "A" class. This Model I do not like. So I will go for the Land Rover Discovery 3. Like it or lump it (he he he I hope:D) I daresay even this will have to be justified beyond belief. no matter, they are worth the effort. I know that in the End I will have to convince them that what I want is what they told me I should acquire. he he he (wishful thinking here):smile:

I would of course just like something for those days that I can and hopefully spend on my own. these days are getting Closer as I WILL retire in two years time. PatO was telling me earlier about a Big Brownout. I told Cory (HER) that if I have to give my Baby up, I will tell all where she Works, A lot of the older ( more Established) Members will already know, She said, "DON"T YOU DARE" Emotional Blackmail is not my thing BUT my Bike is so special.
    AH, AH! I hear you say! Lets start a competition!

" Where Does JACK P.s Wife Work Full Time "

Past threads tell it all. A case of SM for the right Answer.

Good Night all.:wink:

Jack P.:D

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Peugeot!

:wink: Phil, my Everyday scooter is a Peugeot 50cc Trekker, safe reliable and now 8 years old. 2 belts, 2 variators and a lot of services. As a small 2 stroke she is wonderful, I will never knock her. Her indoors can't or won't ride her cos she has no gears. I too am a Lambretta man, never had the TV 175, last I had in 1968 was the SX200. Yes sluggish BUT it pulled the Birds.:wink:
    Any way, I will go to Bed now Cos they will miss me,:rolleyes:

have a Good day :smile:

Jack P.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.