Dumaguete Info Search

Moving back to Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by grandpainak, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +698 / 163
    My best friend in the world was born in Dumaguete and we will be moving back to spend the rest of our years there, just as soon as this house in Alaska sells.
    I am a 100% U.S. Veteran (Vietnam type) and get my medication from the VA.
    Do any of you living there in Dumaguete get your meds from the VA?
    Just wondering what I will have to do to get my meds. once we get there.

Jim

2. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    VA answer for Jim

VA has an office in Manila. They actually have a website and a toll free number (when you're in the PI and outside Manila) that you can call and make inquiries. Here it is: Embassy of the United States in Manila : Veterans Affairs. I'm sure that they will be able to answer your questions:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +698 / 163
    sheelah,
    Thanks so much for the info and link. I'll keep posting on the progress of our move. We are working hard, getting the finishing touches done on this house in preparation for selling it. Thanks again.

Jim

4. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    rumored mac flight in clark...

You're welcome, Jim. I hope that you're able to sell your house quickly. You know what? I've heard that there are actually mac flights from Clark to Japan. I'm not sure if it's true or just plain rumors. I will check it out one day:smile: It would be nice to know if it truly does exist. However, I'm sure that it's going to be on a space A basis and people with orders will be priority.

5. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    FYI there is a mac flight from yokota (at least as recently as a few years ago) but with all the pinoy expats in the Tokyo area the chances of landing a seat as a category 4 is slim to none

6. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +698 / 163
    Thanks but I do not travel with out my partner Maria. Making Mac flights out of the question. Just wondering how many of you on this chat board live in Dumaguete full time?

Jim

7. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +698 / 163
    The last time we were in the Tokyo area I swore that I would NEVER return there even if it was free. It is a long story; don't ask.

Jim

8. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    it is free - elmendorf to yokota - there are flights all the time - but to get back to alaska you usually have to go through travis ... (my brother lived in eagle river for 8 years and I hopped over a couple of times from Japan)

9. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 11
    Hi jim ,nice to hear you'll be coming back to dumaguete for good. I have few aunts working in the US for decades as nurses and soon be retiring.They are also planning their return/retirement back in negros .
    All the best to your plans .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.