Dumaguete Info Search

moving to Dumaguete from uk

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Stilo, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

info needed regarding any pitfalls in settling in Duma, have been there for two weeks and Manila one week this year and three weeks last year. things lioke cost to run a car , buying a car, etc. cheers Stilo.:confused:

2. scidiver

scidiver DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you planning on going to school in Dumaguete? Or are you planning on staying for 6 mos?etc.

3. OP
    OP
    Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    scidiver

hi there, no i should have said, i am thinking of retiring there, as i am a little to old for school, (but not for learning) i am getting wed next April to a lady from San Miquel, so i would be going to that region, which is 8 kl. from Dumaguete city. cheers for now Stilo.::smile: :smile:

4. scidiver

scidiver DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete, nice place to retire.

I myself is planning on partially retiring in Dgte. in two years. My parents retired there 6 yrs ago and are loving it. To me the best months are Nov,Dec, Jan, Feb. after that it gets pretty hot. Dgte is fairly layed back if that's what you like. Good Luck! and enjoy life.:smile:

5. scidiver

scidiver DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dumaguete, nice place to retire.

I myself is planning on partially retiring in Dgte. in two years. My parents retired there 6 yrs ago and are loving it. To me the best months are Nov,Dec, Jan, Feb. after that it gets pretty hot. Dgte is fairly layed back if that's what you like. Good Luck! and enjoy life.:smile:

6. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Congrats Stilo on your upcoming wedding. All the best to you and your bride-to be. :D :smile:

7. OP
    OP
    Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hi there Swany thanks for the best wishes, and to all the others who have posted good advice on the site, i am still finding plenty to take in. Are the snakes out there dangerouse? (hope not) as walking to my future father-in-laws house along a track i was told there can be snakes there, best regards to all and to Dane for a good job, cheers Stilo

8. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi..Stilo, congratulation to your upcoming wedding. About the snake ? just wear sneaker when you up to your father in-laws house, so that you can run fast if ever their something creepy coming out from the bushes. Dont worry too much, for sure they already clear the path in preparation of your arrival.Injoy your new life and love in dumaguete.

9. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Best wishes on your upcoming wedding, i'll congratulate after the wedding, hehehehe, you dont have to worry about snakes in san miguel bagong,snake are not dangerous unless they are poisonous, most of the snake in the mountainous areas of negros are non poisonous, i have already been bitten 4x and still alive and pumpin right now, if indeed there is, then the villagers would be happy to catch it and turn it to deep fry abodo, yummmy,hihihihih,

10. OP
    OP
    Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    hi India one, have not had fried snake but have had fried eel, and smoked eels, in NZ do they taste similar cheers Stilo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.