Dumaguete Info Search

Moving to Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 14, 2006.

1. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Dumaguete Websites

Thank you for the nice words pickled_newt

I was annoyed about the lack of information myself when I wanted to move to Dumaguete, that is basically why we decided to start this website and forum.

I am currently working on an approximate 100 page subsite about Apo Island, that should cover everything anybody would wanna know about Apo Island, after that I think I will start on Siquijor.

Apo subsite: http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/apo-island-day-trip.php

We also have a full time employee in Dumaguete City working on Negros Oriental and Dumaguete City tourist sites right now, after that she will move on to hotels and Restaurants in the area.

Eventually we should have a very good collection of information about dumaguete and Negros Oriental... Who knows, we might even branch out later and cover Bohol too in the same way.

Thank you for your support, the forum here will only survive if other people are posting too, nobody want to just read my ramblings all the time :smile:

2. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    In response to the question about Christmas in Dumaguete, my friend Marilyn has spent the last several nights singing Christmas carols. She has been getting home around midnight each night. I'm not sure if this is a church group she's with, but my guess is that these are hymns, and not the novelty songs we hear every year that have nothing to do with the true foundation of Christmas.

It's too bad that things continue to become more secular and commercial around this time here in the U.S. I would imagine the focus in Dumaguete (and the Philippines overall) is more on the Savior than on saving money at holiday sales events.

By the way, it's nice to read everyone's comments about living in Dumaguete, and to see the photos.

3. 415gem

415gem DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just Joined ... Mabuhay !!!

Hi My name is Kevin . I love Dumaguete and the area and also am intrested in networking and becoming part of the expat community . I want to marry filipina and also try to buy land. I know foreigners are paying 2 to 10 times more than what land is really worth. Maybe it is worth it ... but foreigners making it harder for other foreigners and almost impossible for common Pinoy to buy at 2000 PSQM. A beautiful house on the sea 11 million PHP worth it in Huntington Beach , Ca ... but really only woth 4 - 5 million in Phils . Lets all get a place . Just know any price you hear for land is 50% too much. Pinoys and foreigners are just fishermen...heheheheheeee... they just seeing what they can catch. Kind regards and Merry Christmas

4. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is Christmas celebrated in Dumaguete? It's a one month long party! Hayahay celebrates the wednesday before Christmas by making our favorite local band perform. Basically its a Christmas party combined with a Drink for a Cause, all the proceeds goes to orphans so that we can help them enjoy the holidays too. Dr. Absin's house is always the highlight of the season as he floods his house and garden with christmas lights and christmas decor galore. There are lots of events happening in places like Payag Sa Likod (another bar and restaurant located across the Provincial Hospital) and of course the Boulevard. There is also the big Christmas Tree and the Christmas Train over in Bais City. And on the 24th, stay clear of Lee Plaza if you want to live to see the New Year :wink:

5. 415gem

415gem DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello DI`ers Happy 2007

Dumaguete Info`ers Thanksfor the description of Christmas in Dumaguete . I will be in Christmas 2007 . Looking foward to sharing the celebrations with all . I wanted to invite everyone to join a living in Philippines yahoo group ... Pearl of the Orient 7000 ... Everyone is welcome and we could really use some Philippines locals to share some real life experiences . I really appreciate Dumaguete Info and hope you could add some input to Pearl forum . Kind regards Kevin pearloftheorient7000 : Pearl of the Orient 7000 :D