Dumaguete Info Search

Multicabs

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SteveB, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Hi,

Im thinking of buying a Multicab (van style). They seem to be a pretty good but inexpensive way to get around. I obviously wont be travelling far with it anyway. Does anybody have any opinions on these little things? Also, does anybody know where I can buy one? I found Shem Trading in Cebu on the internet, but when I spoke with them, they had none. There are lots around so they must come from somewhere but I cant seem to find them. I am looking for a new or nearly new one.

Thanks,

Steve

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I have one, they are great to drive in dmgte. small light and easy on gas. available locally from many rebuilders, there ae no new ones, they all are brought to the Philppines in pcs, then re built and painted. 130,000 to 180,000. I paid 95,000 for mine used from another foreigner.

3. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RUSCO opposite the airport sells multicabs.

but multicabs don't save as much gas compared to some cars. they're great for hauling a lot of people and stuff though, something the car cannot compare in numbers.

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Please forgive my ignorance. What is it that you are calling a Multicab? I will probably recognize it but I'm not familiar with the term in the present context.

5. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    multi-purpose cabs... i think..

6. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    how about easy ride

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Multicab is a term coined by the original builder importer, Norkis in Cebu, the name stuck. Multivans and easyrides are variants. all are based on a Suzuiki chassis engine, 600-660cc three cylinder water cooled. they come in many forms, 6 valve and 12 valve versions, 4 speed, 5 speed manual trans. two wheel drive or 4x4. Etc. they are like tinker toys extremely light, and cheap to maintain, you can replace anengine for 18,000 Pesos.

8. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ever tried starting from stationary to moving with the third gear? you can. that engine's quite powerful, don't let it's size fool ya. :wink:

9. archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    have u seen one multicab (van-type), green color, used as an ambulance??? yeh, thats one good example. It can sure match up to an ordinary ambulance with regard to speed.

10. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Ya I was eyeballing them also. They definately look good for hauling that family around and I quess just like the pedicabs and jeepneys they are highly customizable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.